Chapter Forty.

Chapter Forty.

"He can't help it and you know that, Donnie!" She screamed at me in the same tone I had spoken to her in, yanking herself out of my arms.
"What? Could he not physically remove his hands from a five year old?!" I yelled back sarcastically. I was sick to death of Ashby covering for him, the kid was a psychopath and I get it he had a bad childhood but you couldn't blame what he did this time on that. Ryan was an innocent child and no way could she protect him anymore, I wouldn't have it.
"Robert never wanted to hurt anyone!"
"Well he fucking has! I know you may not care about getting bruises and scratches but I fucking do! And so does Jaynie, Ryan and Lily. He took it too far this time!" I shouted at her harshly, watching her pacing began to pace up and down the room, her hands knotted in the front of her hair while she breathed heavily.
"What you going to go all Robert on me too and strangle me?!" I continued and I admit it was a low blow and I also knew I had crossed the line as soon as I said it.
"Get out! Get now!" She screamed as the tears poured down her face again as she pointed to the door.
"With a fucking pleasure! Because you never give a shit about me, it's always fucking Robert. When I'm the one loving you and caring you. He's the one hurting you and our family! Tell me the fucking sense it that?!" I replied to her with pure disgust, I couldn't forgive her for this, how could she defend an attempted a murder, no wonder he was the way he was because Ash basically covered for him, got him off when it came to his bad behaviour.
"Fuck off!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, throwing the pillows off her bed at me. That was probably the first time I heard her curse and it made me go all cold inside but my anger soon warmed me up again and I slammed the door as I left.                                                                         My body was coiling like springs, getting tighter and tighter as I made it inside my own room before punching the wall.                                                                                                                                                 Fuck her! She only cared about the violent freak and I never stood a chance even when I was doing all the fucking right things. She still picked bloody Robert. I punched the wall again, feeling the skin rub against the hard surface but it didn't stop me, not for even a second as I continued punching the wall until blood painted the it, dribbling down to the carpet floor.             I let the pain numb my anger and sat down on the floor and breathed hard because my head was racing and hurting. This was why I never tried to please people, it was never enough. I wasn't good enough for Jaynie, Lily, certainly not Ryan nor Ashby.                                                                              I was never fucking enough for someone.

.

After a while my body craved sleep and so I fell into a light sleep where none of this crazy shit was happening, it was almost instant like each cell in my body shutting down all at the same time and I couldn't even remember when my eyes shut.

After calming down, I walked into Ashby's room, my nerves causing me to shake but it didn't stop me from holding her and repeatly apologising for shouting at her between my helpless kisses.                                                                                                                                                                                    Robert or anyone didn't disturb us and I didn't stick to the stupid rule Jaynie had put in place, I need her and I know it wasn't the best way to make up with someone but it fixed us.                        Days past and I now found myself leaving school with good grades and we went on a roadtrip like I told her we would where we were mostly spent our time on a beach all day or exploring new things and at night I was showing her how much I loved her.                                                                A different place every single day, making so many memories with her.                                             Then we came back home and went to the same college where we met new people to join our group and Luke had a new hair colour and was with Matthew again and happy.                            Sam was with us smiling and on the phone to Joss every second of the day while Ash was on the phone to Sasha talking about what her socialogy was like because that's what Sasha wanted to take to.                                                                                                                                                                                     Then we finally we both left college and Ash became an art teacher while I studied for a life in politics, ironic I know. After we both moved out of the care home and lived together; always going back on Sundays to see everyone at the care home, of course but I didn't have to hide the cute moments with her just in our rooms now we did in the living room, kitchen and bathroom.
And on her birthday and after a living a year together I asked her to marry me... she of course said yes and then we had a June wedding; she looked so beautiful walking down the aisle to me, the place was painted white and had lillies were everywhere and Lily was the flower girl, Ryan the page boy.                                                                                                                                                                         Sasha was her maid of honor and was now with Robert some fucking how but my stunning girl was walking down to me in a elegent, long, white dress and the veil now covered her gorgeous face.                                                                                                                                                                                       Robert in her one arm and Luke in another. I remember crying as I saw her, such grace and beauty.                                                                                                                                                                                       All mine forever.                                                                                                                                                                    I remember Sam saying something special to me as he passed my the rings, my best man. Then I married her and we spent our honeymoon in Paris under the stars because Ashby had always wanted to come here, she had once told me and when we arrived home we discovered she was pregnant and nine months later Sophie Caraway was born.                                                                              I was a good dad and Ashby a perfect mother; we raised her to believe in whatever she wanted and never to judge people. We gave our child a better childhood than we had but now Sophie was heading off to college with her girlfriend or boyfriend now leaving me and Ash to grow old together and have grandchildren soon.                                                                                                            Ashby Caraway was still the most beautiful woman I had ever seen in my life. My love was unconditional for her and my heart was hers ever since I first sight her in that stupid food hall and being stupid me I had no idea how much she'd change me.                                                                     I loved Ashby 'Rosser' Caraway even after I died. We never did part ways at death like a vows said.                                                                                                                                                                                            No, we stayed together.

Reality hit me a long with my whacking my head off the floor when I painfully woke up, it had been seriously weird dream but what hurt the most was realising I was still seventeen years old and my knuckles were still cut open, dry blood and bruising cover the grazed skin and Ashby was still in the room after one, mostly likely crying but I knew what I wanted now and I'll be damned if I were going to let that slip out my grip.