Chapter Thirty-Five.

Chapter Thirty- Five.

Whispers filled the school and I couldn't seem to understand why. It was more crowded than usual but as soon as I stepped in it went silent. Everyone turned to stare at me.                                    Even Sam and Joss were in the crowd and now looking at me with shocked expressions. I gulped unsure what was happening, had I missed something?                                                                                        Ashby's voice caught beside me and her hand gripped so tightly around my own, I thought I was going to lose my pulse through them. Afraid and wary, I followed her gaze and saw the walls of the corridors and my own breath caught; there was papers plastered everywhere on the walls, printings. Printing of screenshots.                                                                                                                        Messages from Ashby to Luke. Everything crumbled around me. She was talking about how and why I was in care, telling Luke about everything... every last detail. My heart stopped. No, this wasn't happening, this was some sort of terrible nightmare.
"I told you, she wasn't who she seemed, Donnie" Charlotte whispered gently, standing next to Sam, her hands cupped together softly next to a very smug Minnie.                                                              Sam on the other hand, swam in the ashamed expression, his eyes caught mine and he grabbed Joss by the top and pulled him away from me, pushing his way through the crowd. I stepped forward wanting to go after him but he disappeared out of sight as the crowd began to close up again. Locking me in, this wasn't a dream.
"Donnie I never meant..." Ashby broke off behind me. I turned to face her, snatching my hand from hers, forcefully, ignoring the lonely wind that brushed over me.                                                         "Stay the hell away from me" I breathed hard before walking off. Everyone's eyes were on me and I felt like I was back living with my Dad; all the children's eyes on me, the freak I was before they would beat me up. It was happening all over again; I had tried so damn hard not to let it get out too.                                                                                                                                                                              Memories from my old school flashed through me everyone like bullet but this felt worse, much worse. I trusted her with everything and she had just brainwashed me, made me someone I wasn't, I can't believe I had told her about it, gotten close to her. I had given her my weakness. I pulled my hood over my head to hide myself from being on the verge of tears from everyone else.                                                                                                                                                                                      The posters were everywhere though, they made sick.  Screaming from the top of my lungs I yanked them down by the bunch and throwing them across the corridor, I wanted to burn them just as much as wanting to burn this whole day from my memory. I kicked the walls, yelling as I finally got outside; people were holding the flyers, everyone knew my secret. I hated them damn things.                                                                                                                                                                                        I hate Charlotte and Luke.                                                                                                                                                  I hate Ash. 

.

I ate lunch by myself that day as Sam refused to speak to me or even look my way and for Joss well, he had to do what Sam wanted which was fair enough, I guess.                                               Ashby on the other hand, I refused to listen, look or speak to her too. The one thing I wanted her to keep her mouth shut about and she couldn't do it, she had destroyed me, played me. For once Charlotte was right.                                                                                                                                                  I stared at my food as my head span and tears still formed around my eyes; the hood of my jacket over the top of my school jumper was still up, trying to block out everyone around me but I still heard them, their snickers and shock gasps as gossip spread around like a fire in a dry forest.                                                                                                                                                                               More and more people knowing I was a pedophile's son who was in care because no one wanted him. I guess that'd been an entertaining story. Maybe I deserved this, deserved it for all the punches I made on people or the way I treated girls, treated everyone in general. Karma biting me in the ass hard.                                                                                                                                                               I grabbed the tray of food off the table and swung it off, the food spilling everywhere in the grass before I stalked onto the playground trying to find somewhere where no one would be but then I saw Sam alone walking towards the Maths building. I began to find myself rushing over to him. "Go away, Don" He growled when I was in noticeable distance. I stopped in my tracks; what had I done to upset him? He knew me, knew I wasn't what rumours where saying deep down.             "Sam... you know me. I'm not like my Dad, I swear" I protested my innocent to him, he spun round on his heels stiffly until he now faced me was caused my whole system to be taken back a second by the amount of hurt that showed on his face because of me.
"I know you're not, Don. But why didn't you tell me? After everything we've been through and even after me telling you about my sexuality. Even then you kept your mouth shut. So maybe I don't know anything about you really and what annoys me is I thought we were friends" He explained in a deep, frustrated voice as he stared at his feet, his hands balling into fists. He could hit me if he wanted, I didn't care. His words hurt more than a hit but now it made sense, he didn't think I was a freak, he was hurt because I kept this from him for so long.                                    "We are friends! You're my best friend! I wanted to tell you, course I did but it was so hard to tell" I begged him to understand as I stepped forwards to him. He held his hand out to stop me.             "And telling someone your gay isn't? I trusted you man, I thought we being honest with each other now" His words left me speechless, he was right nothing was harder than what he admitted to me and still I was too much of a coward to be open with him. I opened my mouth to speak, to say sorry.
"Save it. Go find yourself a new friend" He spoke before walking away from me, leaving me to stand there in a daze as I began to feel myself sway from all the things crashing inside of me.         I knew then that everything I had was gone.