Chapter Thirty-Six.

Chapter Thirty-Six.

Days dragged on painfully as I walked to school by myself, as I walked to lesson as I walked around school by myself, I was always alone now. Not to mention, Sam still hadn't spoken to me and even looked at me. Though me and Ashby had a massive argument the night it happened and I ended up saying some pretty horrible things to her and before we could finish it Jaynie walked in and asked what was wrong and me being me I never said anything and Ashby left the room, crying. I tried desperately to ignore the pain I felt when thinking that but it was hard too and I ended up crying myself to sleep over what happened at school. People had begun to call me names like 'pedo boy', 'nonce- head', talking about I need to work on my oral sex game because apparently Ashby wasn't fucking satisfied the time round I tried it and stuff like that, I got avoided in the corridors like I had some high level flu or the god damn plague or I would walk into classrooms and be laughed at to the point the teacher had no choice but to send me to a classroom on my own for my safety and I felt like screaming at all of them, I felt like I was losing my mind painfully and slowly. Back in the present I glanced up to find Sasha walking to the library with her new friends. To my surprise she was still fashioning a uniform that fit her properly; a long skirt with tights and baggy white shirt and blue cardigan it didn't look like her at all. Her hair was up but still natural and strands fell around her no makeup face again. "Sasha!" I yelped suddenly while jogging up to her, trying to keep my hood up and ignoring people's stares. She jumped slightly before meeting my gaze with a weak smile as she broke away from her friends, closing the distant between myself and her. All the while clutching her books tightly to her chest, something old Sasha would never do, sort of made me smile a little. "Donnie... look I'm sorry about what happened. I never knew Charlotte was planning this, I promise, I'm so so sorry" She began and I could hear the guilt and fear seeping out her voice as she couldn't meet my eyes, staring two holes into the gravel flooring. Family habit? However, in return I waved her off as it didn't matter if she knew or not, it still happened and there was no changing that now, no matter how much I wanted to. "I believe you Sasha so don't apologise. I just want to know how Sam is" I asked nervously, shifting my weight from foot to foot. Almost like I was bracing myself for the bad news I knew I was expecting to have. "He's pretty torn up about you not telling him" She admitted as her glasses slid down her face, from her sad, small smile which in effect all I could do was release a huge sighed, rubbing my face, ignoring the tears that were forming around my eyes again. "Don't worry, Donnie. He will calm down. You're his best mate and he does love you, just explain it to him. He'll understand. Sometimes he has to just be forced into listening sometimes" She told me, placing a hand on my arm rubbing it up and down comfortingly.

"He won't even look at me, I never meant to hurt him but..." I trailed off, one tear slowly falling down my face. I wiped it off my face in a mad rush, hoping Sasha didn't see. "Donnie, I get why you didn't tell anyone. I'm sure I wouldn't have either in your shoes but my brother can be a bit thick skinned sometimes and doesn't think about the grey areas in situations. It doesn't mean he doesn't care about you still, we all do still" She replied, pulling me forcefully into her embrace, she had seen my start to cry then and I almost didn't care. Feeling someone hugging me, just holding me made me feel less alone and less hated by everyone. Sniffing slightly to hold the tears back, I wrapped my arms around her too as she rubbed my back. It was now or never, time to pull myself together. "Thank you, Sasha. I'll go and find him now" I replied bravely, gaining some confidence by her words. She was right Sam was my best mate, I'd have to get him to listen to me somehow. Giving Sasha one last tight squeeze I pulled away from her as I turned to walk away. "Wait!" She called with urgency after me, hesitating I twisted back to face her; she will still standing when I had just left her. "My brother told you he was gay, didn't he?" She asked with a hint of curiosity poking through her tone. Speechless I paused wondering whether to answer or not because it wasn't really my place to say even if that was his sister. "I knew he was from a young age... I'm glad he feels comfortable telling you, thanks for being there for him" She continued her smile turning sweet and I couldn't help but give a quick smile back to her even if it didn't have any emotion to it before walking away from her, hands stuffed into my pockets. I didn't make it far. "Donnie?" A small voice spoke butted in behind me. Sighing I hesitantly turned round to face Ashby to find she was playing with the strap of her bag, nervously and her face looked like she hadn't slept in days with her ponytail looking loose and messy even if she did try to hide it with her uniform still neat. "What do you want, Ashby?" "I just want to explain what happened. It's not what you think, I swear" She began to protest quietly. My heart bled and I wanted nothing more than to cuddle her but she had hurt me. Made all this shit happen and I couldn't forgive her for that, no matter if I wanted to or not. It was a pride thing now. "There's no point, Ash. We aren't together anymore, no matter what you say. Like I said I'm sorry I wasn't good enough for you sexually, I tried and I thought we were more than the sex but you just clear as day used me for information to give Luke some ammo" I told her in a small voice. I had said all of this to her last night because right now I had nothing new to say to her. She had stripped me of everything. "Donnie, no... It was more than that, I swear. And it was good—" "Ash, just stop. I have to go and try get my friend back, I'm sorry. Goodbye" I replied firmly cutting her off, I couldn't listen to anymore because I know I would just end up melting and taking her back and I couldn't think about our sex life right now, I had let her down. With my mind set of what I needed to I walked on in hopes of finding Sam soon but I couldn't help the feeling her heart breaking because mine was too and I was pretty sure I had made her cry again.