Chapter Eleven.

Chapter Eleven.

By third period, the lesson before lunch, I managed to cheer myself up or a least fake it. Joss had moved to sit next to Sam and was laughing with him about something stupid as well as no doubt mean in some way or another. "Jesus Christ, the man needs to wear short sleeves or buy some deodorant" Sam spoke, pulling a face towards Mr Watts. He was writing on the white board and the dudes sweat stains were unreal. They didn't even end at his armpit more to his feet and I found myself laughing from Joss's joke. Sam and Joss both looked my way, stunned that I had actually laughed before joining me.
"Boys, mind sharing what's so funny with the rest of the class?" The teacher spoke.
"We were just sitting here thinking about what it'd be like doing our dream job" Sam explained so sarcastically, not that Me Watts would pick up on it. The man had no emotions, let only humour.
"Oh really. And what might your dream job be, Mr Hawshaw?" Mr Watson replied. Okay, maybe he did know sarcasm.
But oh god, he was putting Sam in his face place, the spotlight and just as predicated Sam straightened up like he was about to give a big speech. Jesus, he did not help himself. I braced myself for his stupid answer.
"Well, Mr Watts. I would love to be a deodorant seller" Oh shit, Sam went there. Joss couldn't hide laughing and neither could I. "Sir! Sir! I would love to be a seller of short sleeve tops" Joss joined in a bit too late but okay, Sam laughed even more by the comment but I was still laughing from Sam. Sir, on the other hand, did not look impressed.
"Detention for Mr Hawshaw, Mr Biggs and Mr Caraway. Would you like to stay behind so I can fill out the sheets?" He spoke but I don't think he was asking. I felt myself calming down, it was so worth the detention.
"I'm afraid I can't, my lunch is calling me not to mention fresh air" I whispered to Sam. He flashed me a white grin and held his laughter in.
"Two detentions for Mr Caraway" Well shit. If Ashby told Jaynie, she would hit the roof. I glanced at her to see if she was watching but she was just nodding her head to Luke.

.

"So when are your detentions?" Ashby asked as we walked home, looking forwards. It was starting to getting dark more easily now. "Tuesday and Thursday next week" I told her almost proudly. Pulling the strap up in my bag, not taking my eyes off her. She didn't say anything.
"For an hour. So I won't be able to walk with you then" I continued after her no reply. She gave one nod, still looking forward.
"Ashby, what's the matter? Are you that sad you won't be able to walk with me, aye?" I joked, waiting for her to join in.
"What's wrong with you? You took the mick out of someone who only wants you to succeed in life. So no I'm not sad that I won't be able to walk you, Donnie" She replied, quickening her pace.
"It was a joke, I wasn't mean. You need to lighten up, Ash" I smiled, at her sensitivity seemed to be higher than most person I knew. "You think this 'bad boy' image is really cool because it makes you popular. Well it doesn't and when you leave school you are going to be on your arse because you'll have nothing" She kicked off.
"Hey, now just hold up, I focus on my future. I just don't be serious, every single second of the fucking day" I told her firmly; if she only knew how stressed I got about thinking about leaving school and having nothing. She looked forward again, expressionless now.
"But you know, I bet Luke agrees with you and is the perfect in every way for you" I continued, breaking off. I hadn't meant to go that far but she had just pushed me, she was being so unreasonable and I wasn't Robert.
"What? Where does Luke come into this?" She spoke calmly now.
"Nothing. Nowhere" I spoke shortly.
"Obviously there is why else would you say it?" She pushed on at me. "Go on. Tell me"
"You don't like Charlotte. I don't fucking like Luke, okay! So just shut up for fuck sake!" I yelled straight at her, I froze before I breathing for a moment. My body was on fire, I hadn't meant to shout at her like that but how could she think she could speak to me like this and about Charlotte when she did the same with Luke right in front of me.
Groaning, I ran hand threw my hair and turned away from her as I couldn't stop shaking, she had wound me up so much.
My head was spinning but I knew as soon as the words came out, I knew they shouldn't have done. I had fucked things up again and I was so nervous to turn around.
Though after I let my pulse slow down I braved myself and twisted round to her again, waiting to face the back-lash of her but she was gone.

.

"Ashby, c'mon open the door" I spoke gently to the door, I felt so bad for yelling at her.
"Ashby please" I spoke again trying not to raise my voice, after I made sure she wasn't going to be replying to me. If she didn't open the door now then she'd shut me out again. We wouldn't speak again for ages.
I slammed my hands against the wood, the thought sickened me too much.
"Ashby please, I'm sorry for yelling at you" I continued, my voice had raise again. Still no answer. Not even a tiny sound came from behind the door and I wouldn't be able to beg much longer because Robert would be home with Jaynie and the little ones soon from going Halloween costume shopping. So yeah, I was panicking my ass off as I slid down the door on my back.
"Please just open the door. Even if it's to hit me or something" I spoke giving up, lying my head on the back of her door as long as she was okay, I could learn to live with her hating me but not knowing would kill me.
"You need to move away from the door, if you want to come in" A small voice came from behind the wood and I couldn't quite believe how fast I stood up, I was so light headed afterwards but it didn't matter, she was talking. I stared back at the door waiting for it to open. It open just slit so she could scan me slightly then she opened it fully. Her face was red and her eyes wet which increased my guilt to a whole new level but she was far from trying to show it off as she looked to the floor so her hair would shield her face.
"Are you okay?" I asked the stupid question. "Yeah, I'm okay" She replied gently but it sounded raw and off.
"I'm sorry for yelling at you. That was wrong of me" I spoke, unsure whether my own voice would break or not.
"Don't worry... about it" She replied with the same tone. The thing was I would worry, not that I'd ever tell her that but I would.
"Why did you bring Luke involved though? I mean if you don't mind me asking" She rushed like she wasn't sure if I'd yell at her or not now. Well that stung.
"I just got annoyed because I saw you too speaking today and when I looked over he whispered something to you" I explained, my mouth was just slipping everything to her today.
"You saw that?" She shot up and colour had drained from her face now. I met her eyes before nodding. "Yes"