Chapter Thirty -Two

Chapter Thirty- Two.

"Are you sure it's okay I can go?" Ashby whispered nervously, rubbing her hands together and hunched over as we were on our way to Maisie Stem's house, again another student who lived right round the corner from, I swear they were all blind or just dumbasses, either way she also didn't know.
"Yes, Ash. You worry too much" I tried to comfort her because she was shaking wildly right now and she kept changing her mind due to her being so nervous, she didn't want to stick out.
In the present I watched Ash pull her zipped coat more around her, desprately trying to keep the warmth in.
"I don't mean to. I guess I feel like intruder sometimes" She mumbled moodily under her cold catching breath.
"Don't. No one thinks that and if they do they aren't important" I told her simply with the shrug of my shoulders, I think she doubted that I would look after her.                                                                    On the other hand, I could already hear the music blasting and suddenly filled my system, I could only imagination how deafing it would be on the inside.
"Okay" She replied her voice wobbling as we walked into an eerie darkness causing the hairs to stand up on the back of my neck with an unsettling feeling washing over me. Great.

Time quickly passed on and I started to believe this party was going to go okay.                                    I was even surprised to see that Luke, Sam and Joss had finally showed up and Ashby had started to finally relax even if she didn't take off her coat; Luke had made her wear a Christmas outfit supposedly because right now she refused to show anyone.
"That twat didn't show up" Luke groaned, throwing his plastic cup on the table to fill it back up. Apparently him and Matthew were still an on or off thing but I didn't know a lot of that. Only what Ashby or Luke said. And when it came to Luke he hardly spoke to me in general.
"I wouldn't if I were him too" Charlotte broke in before beginning to laugh meanly. She was by herself now and she looked like she was wearing a children's clothing size version of Father Christmas's wife. Hat, stocking and everything.
"Well if it isn't every bodies favorite bitch" Luke whined back, running a hand through his glittered covered coppery hair.
"Look we don't want to start anything tonight so please you don't either" Ashby replied to her with a small side as she took her place, next to Luke... not me. But he gave her a sideways look as if to say 'I do'. As funny as it would be watching Luke start shit would be funny but I couldn't be bothered with anymore drama, especially from Charlotte. This was Ash's night, her night to experience on her own how lame house parties were, the only good thing were seeing all your friends outside of school... that and getting shockingly wasted.
"Then don't get involved" She hissed to Ashby causing me to glance in her direction and I managed to catch the hidden wary expression under her cool mask.
"Seriously Charlotte, we just want a good night without you ruining it" I joined defensively because I promised Ashby that no one would speak to her like that and I was going to keep that promise.
"Then make her leave, it'd be a perfect night then" She smirked, flashing her blue eyes dangerously at Ashby before blinking them back to me going soft again, yep she was an actual psychopath.
"You've all gone soft. Especially you two. It's embarrassing to think we did things together. Go get your balls back and be a man before you end up like Luke" She continued to me and Sam, rocking the classic hook caught in her hip look while rolling her eyes.                                                     My heart dropped as I looked at Sam who had moved away from Joss and turned his back on us all but Joss looked so hurt by her words and I felt my blood boil over by her comments, his was so hard for Sam, he didn't need her shit too. On the other hand, it was like Luke heard my thoughts because he had now stepped forward and I could practically see the steam come out his ears as he lunged for her; he extended his hand out to the sky, ready to slap her good and no way in hell was I going to stop him.
"You know I'm getting sick and tired of your bullshit, Charlotte" He growled as Ashby hugged him around the stomach and pulled him back before he could do any damage but a slap noise still rung through the house.                                                                                                                                      Everyone in the house stopped and faced the noise with stunned dunk eyes. Meanwhile my mouth was through the floor, Sasha had been the one to slap Charlotte around the face and you could tell she had used a lot of force because the red mark was already appearing on Charlotte's cheek that had a painted Christmas tree on it.                                                                                                    "You bitch! Why did you hit me?!" Charlotte screamed, holding her cheek while glaring at Sasha with tears in her eyes.
"I've had enough of the way you treat me! The way you treat everyone! I won't have you speaking to my brother or his friends like that anymore, no matter how pissed off you are, Charl" Sasha spoke getting right in her face, towering over the other older girl with a scary expression covering her face.                                                                                                                                            Fuck me, I did not expect that and I don't think I was the only person who hadn't because I mean Sasha Hawshaw hit Charlotte Wood, her minion had attacked her master.                              However, I had a new proudness for Sasha right now and by the look on her older siblings face said he did too and relief; maybe Sasha did have some independents and a brain of her own because stabbing Charlotte in the back was just unheard and her minions were the person I'd expect to ditch her.                                                                                                                                                           On the other hand, Charlotte began to hold the tears back before running off her Santa's hat almost falling off a couple times and her red diamond heels tripping her up leaving everyone to still staring at Sasha; she fashioned a reindeer outfit dress with antlers and she held the red light up nose in her hand. Oh yeah, that was most definitely Charlotte's idea.                                          Couple moments of silenced passed she turned round, releasing a huge sigh with a big genuine smile on her face which made her look beautiful and pure, a smile I had never on her face before. 
"Hey bro" She gave a little weak wave to her brother before wiping underneath her eyes but her smile was still so bright, she almost looked at peace now, how long had she been putting a mask on for? Because it certainly looked like she had finally been released from something or someone.                                                                                                                                                                                  "Hey sis" He spoke with the same smile before pulling her into one of his bear hugs then after finally pulling away from her brother she began to walk in the direction out the house, no one ran after her because I think it was due to us all knowing she needed some alone time, her was going to change now.
"Aye! Me and you should get a slushie at school sometime!" Luke called after her with a big grin, slinging an arm around my girlfriend's shoulders.                                                                                                 Yeah, I wasn't that happy. Jealously controlling my body I pulled Ashby from his gripped which just made him laughed his head off by my protectiveness.                                                                               "You know Caraway, your not that half bad. Truce?" He spoke directly at me continuing to laugh while point an open hand up at me, I took in my own one and shook it slightly.                                     "Truce"                                                                                                                                                                               After that incident, people turned around stopped gossiping and it was like it never happened. Luke pulled Ashby back out my grip when I wasn't on alert and began to spin her around; Ash looked so confused and helpless about Luke was doing to her because to be honest it looked like he was throwing his toy dolls around the room not dancing with her.                                                  I hid a laugh as I watched them for a while until Luke fell on his back side and began screaming about how he had ruined his body then I didn't hide my laugh and neither did Sam or Joss before going back to their talking, their hands brushing the other person once in a while, Sam had a stupid big grin on his face as he just listened to Joss ramble on, he looked so calm and relaxed, he didn't have to act anymore.                                                                                                        Although all I could do was look at them thinking how much had changed in three months. My best mate was gay and was in his first actual relationship with someone who actually loved him too and he had never looked happier.                                                                                                                      My eyes shifted to Luke who was still on the floor moaning, holding himself and Ashby desperately trying to pull him up still in her coat as she smiled through her laughter; he was crazy and stupid but he brought the entertainment and he'd never hurt anyone he cared about, he had their backs even for people he hadn't known very long.                                                       Something I would never of known, I would never of known any of this if it was for Ashby.                She had made this all happen. These were all my new friends.