Chapter Twenty-Two.

Chapter Twenty Two.

~ Ashby's P.O.V ~

"Turn to page 224 and  complete questions 2a to 4d" Our Maths teacher spoke utterly bored, it seemed but I did as I was and opened mine and  Luke's Maths  work book to the page and began to answer them. Equations,  my dear old friend, how I hate you. "Greedy prick" A couple of people  whispered behind us and I didn't need to ask to know who it was directed  at. In an instant, Luke span round in his sit with a fake smile, hand on the chair gripping it tightly. "Oh you mean because  I'm bisexual. Ain't you clever" He spat trying keep his voice cheerful as well as level but he was hurting. I sighed, it was happening  again. I kicked him under the table. "Ow, what was that for, Ash?" He  yelled grabbing his leg, shooting me a look so I returned it with the the 'let it go'  look experssion. "Ew! He talks!" They giggled, I looked over my shoulder, not recognising any of them. "Well nah, I ain't an alien, dumbass" He  rolled his eyes, oh man he didn't help himself. I kicked him again, praying  he'd just not listen to them, he grabbed his leg again. "Stop it!" He  snapped back at me.
"Shut up homo" They chorus.
"Oh yeah, I totally always  scream 'GET IN ME!'" He squealed in a moaning voice, breaking the  silence in the classroom. The teacher stood up stunned and definitely  pissed while I slide down my chair out of sight of all the staring eyes in the classroom. "Luke Ingram headteachers office now!" He screamed, pointing to  the door. Luke huffed picking up his bag before flipping the girls off.   "Now!" He carried on, stomping his wave over to us, he was fuming, I could practically see the steam coming out of his ears.
"Alright, alright" Luke waved his hands going out the door but he still managed to give me a wink and grin. He didn't want me to worry.

.

I walked out of Art by  myself feeling stupidly lonely; I was guessing Luke had got suspended for the rest of the day as I hadn't seen him since. I  didn't seem to find it fair because he wasn't at fault, yeah he could be  a loud mouth but he was angry and those girls were vile to him not mention homphobic. I  looked up and to my amazement I found Donnie lounging on the wall looking straight  forwards with a bored expression. My heart pounded, not expecting him to have waited and now I wasn't even prepared to be around him. Ugh, I doubted him far too much and I hated myself for it. Too nervous to catch his gaze I nervously glanced around but it wasn't much better for me either as I  noticed a couple girls staring at him and giggling. Sheepishly I shuffled over to him, feeling the nasty bitter emotion of jealous wrapping around all my organs like vines. "Hey" I spoke looking towards the ground. Shit, I hadn't expected to sound so moody or envious infront of him.
"Well aren't you cheery" He joked but the concern was there, I could hear it ringing in my ears.                                                                                                                                                                                    Sighing, I ran my hands through my eyes, looking up to him with a small, sad shrug taking over my body.                                                                                                                                                             "It's a long story" I waved my hand at him, trying to act casually because I didn't need to burden him with my shit, he heard enough of my problems as it is.                                                     "Hm, I believe we have time. Explain" He replied gently as he took his hand in mine and I swear my heart stammered slightly.                                                                                                       "People were being  mean to Luke in Maths. It kicked off and now I think he's gotten  suspended" I explained shortly as we started to walk hand in hand and that's when I saw Sam Hawshaw in the distance ahead of us talking to someone I didn't know. He was very pretty and his hair was long and dark blonde pulled up into a bun.                                                               "Well that doesn't sound too complicated, what did the people say to  him?" He asked as we stopped in front of Sam and the boy I didn't know and yep, just as expected I was tiny next to Sam; he was also a very handsome guy with curly black hair and dashing white smile, I had heard a lot of rumours about him too, he was worse than Donnie but I couldn't help but feel myself gulp feeling intimated by how huge and tall these guys actually were.
"Talk  later" I whispered with a small smile and Donnie gave me sharp nod.
"And this Ashby then?" Sam nodded towards me, flashing a cheeky grin at me. Cowardly, I found myself hiding a bit behind Donnie, I mean I was standing by three of the most popular and not mention mean boys in school, I could practically feel all glaring eyes on me, wanting to be me right now.                                                                                                                                               "Yeah it is. Ashby this is Sam and Joss" Donnie spoke giving a kiss to the top of my head causing my face to blush wildly; that was extremely cute.
"Hey" I  told them quietly before give a lame ass nervous wave to them.
"So what were you guys talking about before you got to the brilliant us?" Joss winked flashing his own set of white teeth. It went silent for a moment as we glanced at each other, it was safe to know that Donnie wasn't out their spreading my secrets then
"Oh my friend Luke got sent home because he kicked off at some girls who were being mean to him for being well bisexual" I explained quietly, unsure  Luke actually wanted it going around school but I just had to fill awkwardly silence, though I was now worried about the people I had just told this too.                                                                                                                             "You didn't tell me that part" Donnie spoke stunned causing me to be taken a back slightly from his wide eyed experssion, fuck I think I've really messed up. Nervously, I shrugged back to him because I honestly thought I had lost my voice.
"What girls?" Sam spoke suddenly causing us all to look in his direction, his tone made it almost sound like a growl and I noticed Joss had gone perfectly still behind him. What Luke said floated around my head once more because something did seem off then again would I be thinking that if Luke hadn't  said anything?                                                                                                                                   "I'm not sure. I haven't learnt many people's names yet, sorry" I  admitted fear coursing through me body as he was staring right through me, his brown eyes churning with anger wildly.                                                                                                                                                                                   "No, no. Don't apologize... but if you see them  again, let me know, yeah?" Sam replied with a small, closed smile on his face but the warmth wasn't there for it, he still looked furious on the inside and I could was nod I nodded, glancing at Joss who wasn't looking at me but Sam; his eyes swimming in concern even if he was trying to portray he was calm about this situation too.   I felt my eyes flutter with confusion between the two boys, what was going on? Why was this a big deal to Sam and why did Joss look so worried about Sam?                                                                "You okay, Ash" I heard Donnie speak, then it came to me.