Chapter Ten.

Chapter Ten.

"Dude, Clayton's jaw looked well nasty. I mean with all the bandages and stuff, you should've seen it with me" Sam spoke to me, running a hand through his curly mess while sighing.
No doubt imagining how Clayton looked but I just wondered who would take over basketball captain while he recovered as I brushed my fingers off a couple lockers before Sam slammed the last one, whom Lacy Cooper was still getting her books out of. They flew everywhere, Sam laughed while we both watched her automatically pick them up, pushing her glasses up again.
Sam could be cruel sometimes, I glanced back to where she was picking the last of her books up, feeling slightly guilty for not helping
"But seriously it looked hella scary" Sam continued and I broke back to reality, looking towards him to see him grinning madly.
"Yeah, shame I didn't see" I said half-arsed, I didn't care about Clayton and his busted jaw at this current moment, the less said about him the better.
"You could just look now" A strained voice spoke behind me making flinch. I was hoping to avoid Clayton for the rest of my life and with him avoiding me my plan was working but I had to face the facts and see what I had done. I took a deep breath before turning to face him; Sam was right he did look bad but I didn't know how to describe it, one bandaged went around his jaw and another around his head, I started to feel really bad, it must've killed, his hair flicked out from under the bandages and his blue eyes looked cloudy and embarrassed in a way.
"Dude I'm so sor-" I went to say but he held his hand up,"Don't apologise I was a proper ass to you so I deserved this. Just forget about it" He barely spoke, I felt sick but nodded back to him as Clayton put out one of his hands towards me and shook it gently once before he brushing passed me.
I turned back to Sam who looked like he'd just watched me and Clayton make out or something.
"I thought he was going to go all ape shit on you, not take the whole blame. Man you lucky son of a bitch" He told me as he turned back round and carried on walking. I followed him, rubbing the back of my neck in confusion again, Sam was right I did not expect Clayton to be cool about all this.
"At least I don't have to hide in brushes every time I see him now" I replied but Sam was else where saying hi to all the pretty girls down the hallway. I really wondered if he had a brain not just a body full of animal urges but I did notice girls look at me as well and for some reason it was unsettling, I must've been mentally undress about fifty times before getting into this lesson.
We had COPE all day, it was a day of safest lessons about what wanted to do when we were older and it only happened once term. Me and Sam had been both place in group one for this COPE day, it was like the teachers wanted chao- and was sort of intrigued to find out who else was too.
Luckily enough I already knew Charlotte wouldn't be in this group; she would've told me out of pure smugness if she was or walk with me there.
Meanwhile I stepped into the classroom, looking around to see who was here; it was quite bare but the students who were in class, were a group of girls and one boy from the dance major and there was another boy on his own who got straight A's in all his subjects-which he wasn't even happy on getting. Then I froze, that laugh. I turned my head slightly to the corner of the room to find Ashby sitting their and of course Luke was with her; I mean I'd bet they die if they were two inches apart. He was currently now poking her body and she giggled, pushing his hands away. Just great, I thought sarcastically and she practically naked for him! Her jumper was thrown over the back of seat and her bag now on the floor.
"MR SEX ADDICT!" A group of guys yelled, I twisted back to see some of the basketball team here including Joss who was now waving his hand for me and Sam to come over. Embarrassed I rush to me seat as Sam was laughing his head off again.
"Shut your face" I tried joked to them but honestly I wanted to melt into the desk and the only answer I got off them was a seriously dirty gesture.
I had took the table behind them, Sam taking the sit next to me. Joss was sitting on our table literally, his hair was down and in waves around his face as he grinned madly.
"How did you even get in here Joss, you're younger than us" Sam spoke after a moment of hesitation which made me look at the smaller kid, wondering how he'd answer.
"It's mixed years. Didn't you know?" He replied like it was the most obvious thing ever. Sam shook his head, his eyes catching over to the lower year girls. Should've known.
"Dude they are either 15 or 16" I told him. He raised an eyebrow at me now in confusion, his lips in a straight line.
"Your point? It's not like I'm fucking eight dude" He replied, I shook my head not bothering to explain. Sam's grin appeared again.
"Boys there are many seats in the classroom pick one. Or you can sit in the headmasters office?" An old voice echoed through the classroom. The arrogance was unreal, it was definitely Mr Watts. And with that I glanced back most of our group had now taken their seats, huge grins on their faces to stop them from laughing.
"Hmmm perfect" Mr Watts hummed causing me to knot my eyebrows together, what the bloody hell was that?!
But before I could work it out he begun introducing the first activity; brain storming college courses about we would like to do... exciting! Not.
Though I couldn't help but look in her direction as she hadn't stopped giggling to herself. Then her gaze caught mine and a small smile appeared on her face before Luke nudge her shoulder and she looked towards him while he whispered something to her. I felt my eyes concentrate on his mouth, trying to work out what he was saying to her.
"Eyes to the front, Mr Caraway" The teacher spoke and for a split second I thought he was telling someone else. I felt the colour rush back to my face as I stared back to my blank sheet of paper, burning holes into it when I felt Sam, Joss and loads other people's eyes on me. Why was I making a big deal of this? I mean I was only looking somewhere. No big deal. So why did I feel like this, so embarrassed.
I continued burning holes into the white sheet then into the desk not daring to look up, incase I caught anyone's eyes.
What was happening to me?

.

"Dude, you went proper weird after Sir told you off" Sam spoke as he brought a neon blue energy drink in the cafeteria. I shrugged him off, I didn't want to think about that, I had only just stop thinking about it.
"Don, c'mon normally you would've gave a whole lotta shit back to, Sir. You've gone wet" Joss joined in panting like an annoying puppy, that hadn't left us alone even now at break time. He could've been with all his other mates but no he just had to follow us. I bet he felt really cool hanging with us, older years and great I'm wet now whatever that meant, just because I didn't start shit with an old man. "Guys, I'm just tired. Will you get my back off now?" I groaned while pulling out an apple from my bag so I wouldn't have to answer any more stupid questions.
Sam broke the cap of the bottle before taking a huge gulp. Joss was right on his heels too. "Why you getting so defensive?" Sam spoke puzzled now releasing the bottle from his mouth. I took my chance to bite from the apple, ignoring the question and Joss studied me like I was his next science project but didn't dare say anything. No one dared to until, "Donnie, your seriously annoying me with this shit, it's been happening for weeks now. Sort yourself out"