Chapter Thirty-Four.

Chapter Thirty- Four.

"Well aren't you two rocking the glowing look for a first day back at school" Luke yawned before chugging back his coffee in what seemed like one go while rubbing his eyes which now had dark crescent moons underneath them.                                                                                                                               On the other hand, Ashby elbowed him in the ribs. Which just told me that my girlfriend tells other people about our no exisiting and may I just add high sex life.
"Don't elbow me woman! It's not a secret. The only other person here is the dude that actually banged you!" Luke whined, rubbing his rib cage now, pulling a sour face at Ash, causing her to  her to released a strained sigh and gave me an apologetic look. It didn't bother me, I just hoped it was all good things said so I just shrugged back to her.
"Aye? I'm that good that she found it too hard to contain...wait did she tell you every time we did it?" I questioned losing the smugness from the beginning of my speaking and it's now turning into sight embarrassment.
Luke turned his gaze to me as a huge, cheeky grin was breaking across his face before nodding.
"Detail too" He spoke in sinister voice which earned him another elbow to the ribs.                            "That part not true, I swear" She pleaded to me as she looked up to me, her eyes full of worry that she had a crossed a line with me. She hadn't.                                                                                                 "It's okay" I laughed, brushing away the wariness of her thinking it would make drama.
"Well good morning everyone" A cheery voice came from behind me and gripped my one shoulder and Ashby's one too. Awkward height difference for him to say the least.                              "Hey Sam" We all chorused, baring bright smiles for him and Joss running up behind him.
"Oi! I'm not that small yuno! Ashby's smaller and you still notice her!" Joss whined liked Luke had done, he must have been continuing a conversation they must have been having before they came over to us.                                                                                                                                                                                           "Hey! I'm not that small! You guys are just basketball giants" Ashby joined in the same tone and I slung my arm around her shoulder before Luke could but he seemed way to indulge in his coffee, maybe he hadn't actually finished it then, well that was a turn up for the cards.                   We made our way past the younger years classes and something caught my eye; a girl with black hair. Sasha Hawshaw but she looked totally different; she wore a pair of boot cut jeans and a striped, long-sleeves jumper. Her hair was natural and now in tight curls around her face with no was now makeup- less and she looked a lot better for it and now fashioned a pair of geek glasses and was hanging out with some girls in her year. She looked totally different and it really suited her.                                                                                                                                                                                               "I'll take you up on the slushie if you're paying, Luke" She smiled gently with a small smirk. Luke shot out behind Ashby like a meerkat and was in front of her in an instant, eyes wide.              "Sasha?" He asked in a confused tone as if he wasn't 100% sure it really was her but she gave a nod back to him.                                                                                                                                                                   "I decided the dumb bitch look didn't look good on me and acting dumb was really annoying" She continued to him after she picked up on him staring at her but she didn't look uncomfortable by it, she looked relaxed and proud in her appearance now.
"You look better for it too" He replied with a shy smile. Some serious weird shit was happening and with her older brother behind them I wondered how far this would go.
"See you in food hall at lunch for that slush?" She asked sweetly and it seemed like all Luke could do was nod back at her before breaking away in daze.
"Hm, want to explain that Luke?" Sam folded his arms, a now serious expression and not mention one painted on his face as he got right up in his face, Luke looked tiny in comparasion. My stomach dropped, the happy mood was gone and I was now bracing myself for the arguement to start.
"I...er" Luke broke off by the towering of Sam. Intimation didn't even cover how he must've felt.
"Just don't hurt her, yeah?" Sam growled but a small smile was sneaking across his face. Which Luke weakly smiled at in return.

.

"Stop throwing food at me!" Joss screamed through his laughter when more food hit straight in the face due to Sam, they had been at it for the past ten minutes now and I seriously thought they were going to end up making out intensely if they continued to wind each other up. Though me on the other hand was too busy looking for Ashby, she hadn't arrived yet.                                        I hoped she was okay.
"Didn't complain lastt night" Sam smirked to Joss... Oh Jesus Christ, please no more information on that subject.
"Hey guys sorry we're late Luke's lost his phone" Ashby sighed as she automatically took place in my lap and Luke next to the 'throwing food idiot ' which I called my friends, much to his despair. Though I couldn't feel too sorry for him, he spent most of the day with Ash so it was my turn to have her now.
"Where did you last have it?" Joss butted, managing looking away from his partner but little did he know Sam had another piece of food ready to throw at him with a white grin spreading over his face.
"I don't know. The last place I remember seeing it in was geography then when I went to get it to messaged my mom and it was gone" He replied with a distress tone, scrambling his hands over his pockets to check again.
"Have you told lost property?" I asked, trying to be helpful which in return he nodded slightly when he had finished searching, nothing.
"Yeah, they said they haven't seen it but if they do they'll let us know" Ashby replied for him, watching her friend with helplessness.
"We'll look out for it too and if you wanna use my phone to call your mom you can" Sam spoke, pulling out his phone.                                                                                                                                                  "Nah, it's cool but thank you. I better go meet Sasha so see you all later" He spoke getting up, avoiding Sam's eye contact, hands stuffed in his pockets before walking out the food hall.
"I hope he finds his phone soon" Joss spoke after a moment of silence. We all nodded in agreement, wanting to do more but couldn't. I hugged Ashby around the waist and place my head on the curve of her shoulder. She's was like a security blanket, I never felt sad or lost when she was here.