Chapter Thirty-Nine.

Chapter Thirty-Nine.

"Come on. It wasn't that bad, Donnie" Ashby spoke with a little laugh when we were back in the room.                                                                                                                                                                                      "She gave us the talk!" I told her mortified as my brain felt like it had been fried from the sex talk we had both just recieved off Jaynie, a chat I never thought and never ever wanted to have with her.
"She only told us to use protection and not to do it with kids in the house. It could've been worse!" Ashby reminded me with a casual tone like this wasn't a big deal to her!
"It does get worse! I can't fall asleep with you anymore. Curfew at ten, I'm not sure if I can even sleep by myself anymore" I spoke dramatically but the sense of lost not having her asleep with me made me go tingly with sickness.
"It's okay. You'll get use to it again and think of it this way she could've been really harsh on us" Ashby spoke before wrapping her arms around me tightly. I breathed in realizing Jaynie could've told us we couldn't be together and Jaynie could've been horrible. I may not even been able to hold her again and with that feeling I leaned down and kissed her hard; I could've lost Ashby and this time I wouldn't have been able to do anything about it. I grabbed her legs and wrapped them around my hips.                                                                                                                                                      Man, I couldn't wait still summer because her being in tights sucked. The kissed deepened and she moaned slightly. This was such a sexual position to be in so it really wasn't helping me stay to the rules.
"Fuck sake, please tell me this is going to be easy for you" I breathed on her lips. I hope she would because to be honest it was proving to be difficult already for me.                                                  "I can't. It's hard already" She replied with a small smile. Well, fuck. There goes my self restrain and I hope she meant hard as in restraining....ah, fuck, there goes my dirty head again. Why would Ash ever say that? I don't think she even had a dirty setting in her brain... well that was just a lie in itself, right there.                                                                                                                                    Suddenly, Ryan's scream coursed through the house like electric then sound of crazy sobbing. My heart stopped, they were Lily's tears.
"Stop Robert! Stop!" She screamed a sob so high pitched it would've broken glasses in a mile radius. In addition to this, Ashby was off me in an instant and rushed to the noise. Automatically, I ran after her, my own heart pounding like mad so I had no idea how Ashby felt.                               Rushing we got to Ryan's room where the screaming was coming from and Ashby's hand shook as she grabbed the door and opened it messily. Both our breath was stolen and my heart had now slammed into my stomach and my stomach into my intestines, my eyes wouldn't look away but my brain screamed for me to stop looking at what I saw, this wasn't happening, it couldn't be happening. I didn't even want to explain what I was seeing because then it would feel true. Ashby zoomed over, forcefully yanking Robert off and by that time Jaynie had reached the door out of breath but her breath still caught when she saw.                                                                                      I was rooted to my spot; everything still continued around me but I wasn't moving with it and this was the time I should've been moving, I should've been doing something. Jaynie knocked past me roughly and got to Ryan who was also sobbing to death with Lily, my world had stopped, I knew I should've been helping someone, anyone but I couldn't.                                       The sight had numb all my senses even though it was so loud in here, so hot in here, so alive.
I thought I was going to be sick and tears were running down Ashby's face, Jaynie's too as the crowd divide into two groups. Jaynie with Ryan in her arms and Lily latching on to her too. Then Ashby clinging to Robert on the other side of the room. I couldn't help but glanced at them all my eyes falling to Ryan last; his little face was bleach white, in shock and wet from his tears and around his neck were hand marks. Robert's hand marks.                                                                                   "I should've finished him off" Robert growled, trying to break Ashby's strong arm lock. More tears spilled out of Ashby's eyes she noticed Lily's eyes go wide in fright, huddling to Jaynie for dear life.
"Get him out of here now!" Jaynie screamed at Ashby in a harshest tone possible. Gulping Ash nodded holding back a sob and the tears before dragging Robert out the room and past me, not daring to meet my gaze.
"Ardon move your ass and take Lily out!" Jaynie yelled moving onto me this time and after a moment of wanting to just stay there in shock, my body unlocked itself one by one and scooped Lily out of the room. She hugged me tightly, her tears staining my shirt in a horrible mess but I didn't care I cradled her back and let her cry her eyes out. She had been trying to pull Robert off Ryan... she had seen it all. No one should've seen that and definitely not her, I never felt more frightened for her.                                                                                                                                                                On the other hand, things started to smash in Robert's room and heard Ashby sobbing loudly, desperately trying to calm her down. My heart was breaking, I wanted to be with her but Lily needed me and no way would I be able to keep cool around Robert right now.                                 The care home was just a war zone right now.

.

"Ash?" I spoke, poking my head around the door nervously but I just found her staring at her shaky hands, tears dried up on her red cheeks.                                                                                                       "Ashby?" I repeated in a stronger tone and with that she snapped, breaking out of her daze and looked up at me, wiping under her eyes madly.                                                                                                      "Is Lily okay? And Ryan too?" She spoke, her voice raw from all the crying... was I meant to go to her? I didn't know, her mentally ill brother had just strangled a five year old, it wasn't really time to be comforting her and I don't know how much more I could cope with Robert anymore. I knew what needed to happen.
"Jaynie is with them now, they are okay as can be. Where's Robert?" I dared to asked her when I knew I had control of my voice but in return her breath hitched up a knotch, breaking away and turning away from me.                                                                                                                                                    "Listening to music, calming down" She gulped, replying quietly back to me.
"Ash... are you okay?" I asked the stupid question, I knew she wasn't but I didn't know what to say to her at this point that wasn't stupid or small talk.                                                                                       "His hands were around a five year old boy's throat" She broke and began to cry again. Instantly I zoomed to her and pulled her into me and held her as she cried in huge horrible drops. I shushed her gently and told her it was going to be okay not that I had a fucking clue if it would be or not all I could do was rock her slightly back and fourth. Hell, this situation was so fucked up on many levels.
"What happened, Ash?" I slipped out when her sobbing had gone silent.                                           "Apparently Ryan had knocked him by accident because he was dashing to get his toy or something and Robert just said he lost it with him," She struggled to say. "I wish I could help Robert make it all better but I'm struggling how to. He's hurting the people I love when he doesn't mean to" She broke off.
"Doesn't mean to?!" I snapped at her furiously. The fuck did she just say?