Chapter Thirty-Seven.

"If I run I'll be able to make it before she gets home" I told them with uncertainity as I headed towards to the door of the gym, bag in hand now.                                                                                       "Dude, its slippy out there. Black ice everywhere. Wait till you both get home" Sam replied with a concerned tone behind me.
"I can't! She helps her brother a lot and will avoid me so then l'll have to wait for tomorrow and I can't do that" I explained helplessly back to them both. I needed to see her now, I needed to listen to what she had to say and I needed to say sorry to her.
"Better start running then" Luke grinned holding the door open for me and with that I made my way through the corridor, ignoring all the names been thrown at me.                                              "Mate you shit your pants literally last week when you tried to speak to Clary James, you cannot talk" Sam growled at some kid who said I was a wimp then it went silent. Thanks Sam, I thought with a smile.                                                                                                                                                                            "Sam! Wait up" Joss called brightly, running up to join our group as well. Wow, this was slightly overwhelming now, I felt like I was in a movie or something at this point.
"You're all coming with me?" I questioned nervously.
"I ain't gonna miss out this heroic confession" Luke laughed and Sam shrugged but nodded in agreement and Joss stared at me confused, I point my finger to Sam then briefly to Joss to which Sam got the message and begun explaining the whole thing briefly.                                               After that recap was done, I made my way outside to the gates and saw Sasha again walking with her new friends again. She smiled wholeheartedly when she noticed me and Sam had made up, practically beaming from ear to ear while I mouthed at 'thank you' at her.
"Why are you running?" She shouted confused, looking at us all with a puzzled expression and I thought she was going to take her glasses off just to double check she was mistaking whaat she was seeing.
"Donnie's going to get Ashby back" Luke basically squealed not only her but to the whole world around us, no doubt with that stupid grin on his face as well.
"Yes Donnie!!" She screamed back with happiness now jumping in her spot. Okay, didn't expect that.                                                                                                                                                                                          "Want to come with us?" Luke yelled back after laughing loudly from her reaction.                      "Hell yeah!" She giggled back before saying goodbye to her friends then sprinted to catch up with me, Luke, Joss and Sam.                                                                                                                                          Man, I was so unfit I was gasping for air when I made it down our road but that's when I saw her. Walking alone on the edge of the pavement and something in me clicked and ran faster, I needed to get to her.                                                                                                                                                    "Ashby!" Luke shouted first and as much as it stung he got to it first I knew it would be our best bet but we didn't get a reply she didn't even turn round.                                                                        "Ashby!" Luke yelled again from the top of his lungs, almost falling off the pavement from misstepping.                                                                                                                                                                         "Ash!" Sasha screamed now but still nothing and with that Sasha and Sam and Joss and Luke all screamed her name after the count of three. Damn, she must have her headphones in.                 On the other hand, people were staring at with stunned eyes as this huge crowd of students continue to run down the down the road and Sam was right it was slippy, I must've almost fallen ten times by now.                                                                                                                                                             "Ash!" I joined in finally after gaining enough courage to do so and I was in grabbing distance of her now but she suddenly looked over her shoulder; what she must've seen was  a group of people charging at her with bright red faces and panting wildy from screaming so much. Yeah, I would've been freaked out.                                                                                                                                       "Donnie?" She asked puzzled, taking out her earphones and putting them in her coat pocket. I stole some air into my lungs and cupped her by the cheeks and my fingers knotted around the back of her neck and her hair; her eyes were wide and definitely freaked out now.                               "Ash, I love you. I'm sorry for being such a massive dick and blaming this all on you. You were just being yourself which is kind and caring, you never wanted to hurt Luke or me. And I feel like such an idiot for not listening to you and listening to stupid rumours instead and I'm sorry for not being there when you cried and when Charlotte was being mean to you, I'm sorry about everything" I panted in a rush as I felt my chest swell up and I heard her breath catch as she continued to stare at me.
"This was my fault. I should have never explained over text messages and I should've told you" She trembled back and I saw the tears form around her eyes, I was the biggest dick known on earth right now.
"I don't care. I'm glad it's out, everyone knows so I don't have hide anymore and the people that matter to me most have stayed. So forgive me please" I begged her with every being of my soul as I saw her glance her eyes weakly over my shoulder to no doubt see everyone staring back at her with big ass grins on her face.
"Donnie, there's nothing to forgive. I just want to be with you again" She broke as her eyes full of tears now spilled over down her face in huge massive blobs.                                                                           "I'm now aren't I?" I told her softly, wiping the tears that rolled down her face with my thumb.
"Than-" I cut her off with a kiss; a deep and longing one. Making up for all the bad things I did to her and not even looking her way in days. In return she gripped my sleeve of my jacket as I still held her face. Whooping noises came from behind, I pulled back so we could both regained our breath.
"Only say that when it's something big"
"That seemed like a big thing to me" She smiled gently, not letting go of my sleeve but then again I didn't move my hands.
"Then aim bigger" I challenged her. She glanced over my shoulder again now on her tip-toes to see where the noise was coming from.                                                                                                                     "You brought all our friends to watch?" She asked, raising an eyebrow with hidden laughter bubbling in her.
"No, they tagged along because they care about you too. They are the ones who kicked me up the backside to sort everything out" I explained, not looking at them but still at her face, memorising it after not seeing it properly for the past couple days.                                                               My heart was racing and I'm pretty sure it wasn't from all the running. Although, that killed me. "We best get home then because I'm freezing my balls off" Joss spoke leaning into Sam slightly and Sam wrapped his arms around him too keep warm.
"Sasha...I..." Sam went to speak stammering wildly as Joss almost broke away but she waved him off and smiled at both of them kindly.
"I know, I know. I'm happy for you" She spoke simply to him, brushing it off not to be mean but not to make it a big deal for him which he how Sam wanted it to be.
"Maybe you all could come back with us, Jaynie wouldn't mind and it's not far from hear now" I quivered, I had never asked someone to comeback to the care home with me. Let alone four people but I trusted them and it would be nice to experience friends round my house for once.
"You sure?" Sam asked, not wanting to push it but I nodded brightly.
"Yeah, it would be nice" Ash replied as I wrapped my one arm around her waist still unsure if I was allow to touch her or not yet, though she didn't seem to mind.
"Then we best get going otherwise my boyfriend will have no balls and for a sex life that's a punishment for me too" Sam joked with a huge white grin which caused Joss elbowed him as his face went red.                                                                                                                                                                  "Sam your little sister is right there! I have to sit with her in maths pretty much everyday" He mumbled nervously but just made all of laugh wildly, making Joss go an even deeper shade red in the face.                                                                                                                                                                            Sasha on the other hand, just rolled her eyes before wiping the steam that had formed on her glasses with her school cardigan sleeve.                                                                                                                     "My brother has said worse believe it or not" She joked back with digust but I couldn't help noticing the smile she had creeping her face. My group was back and I had a funny feeling with had a new member of it too but most of all I got Ash back.
This was all I needed.

.

"I've never seen this many people round...well ever" Jaynie bewilded as she walked into the living room. Ash was next to me, Luke and Sasha were sat together and Joss was actually on Sam's lap. Progress my friend, progress.
"Yeah, it was a bit cold outside so I said it would be okay if they came round for a while, it is okay, right?" I asked Jaynie politely as could be. A big smile broke across her face.
"You never need to ask! Ooooo I'll make cookies!!" She spoke cheerfully before shuffling off to the kitchen.
"Man, does she make like real good cookies?" Joss asked, deep in thought about cookies... I hope anyway.
"Yes, she gives them out while there still warm" Ash grinned as she was trying to tease him into making him having a food coma and it probably worked because Joss's eyes lit up from the thought, I hope he was only thinking about cookies though.
"Man I could just kiss you right now for them words!" He spoke hyper like he was going to lung at her if Sam wasn't holding him down still.
"Yeah, you maybe gay and all but if you kiss my girl I will kill you" I told him with a smile but I was being serious.
"I'd kill him too" Sam joined in which left Joss just grinning his way out of trouble.
"Ashby I need help with something" The bored voice of Robert spoke and instantly all our eyes shot up and I think everyone was going through the same reaction I did when we realised they were related. Thank God, I wasn't the only one who reacted like that.
"Sure" She sung sweetly and got up to help him upstairs.
"That's Ashby's brother?" Luke spoke confused, eyeing the kid up as Robert left the room and all I could was nod back to him with the same expression he had which in return left Luke go into deep thought as I imagined a lot of puzzle pieces were fitting together inside his head at this point.
"Guys, I've decided I'm going to tell people I'm gay with Joss tomorrow" Sam suddenly broke in like no one would hear what he said over the stunned conversation of Ashby's brother.                     Joss looked up to Sam but I couldn't see his expression.
"Good for you, Sam" I spoke confidently to him with a full, proud smile as I knew how hard it would be for him but we all would be there to support him, he had an amazing friendship group to defend him now so I wasn't worried.
"Wait you're gay?" Luke joked with a cheeky smirk to which he recieved a playful, strong pull in the shoulder by Sasha.
"Woman! I'm dying. You've just sucked out all my handsome looks with your devil hands!" He laughed dramatically while Sasha began to speak about how he didn't actually have any good looks to start with, wow the flirtly was real between them too then, certainly didn't see that coming, that's for sure.
"You're seriously going to come out? Because I don't mind keeping it a secret for a while more" Joss spoke quietly to Sam, I had never heard that tone from Joss before.
"I do mind. I want to be able to hold your hand and stuff in public. I don't care what people think anymore. This is who I am" He explained in a whisper back to him and I knew I wasn't meant to be listening but I had never heard Sam spoke that way about anyone and I began to realise how much everyone how had changed this year.                                                                                                            Me for one had changed.                                                                                                                                                   Sam had become more caring and serious.                                                                                                      Joss had stopped with the witty comments and trying to win me over.                                            Sasha, well she had bitch slapped Charlotte and become a whole new person.                              Luke well... I hadn't known him long but he changed every minute so I guess he had?                      It just felt nice being in the my home with the people I seriously cared about, I felt open as well as vulnerable yes but that was a risk I was willing to take.                                                                          "Cookies everyone!" Jaynie sung before we all watched her bring a place full of warm cookies, placing them on the table and Joss was straight in there, stuffing his face madly as Sam looked confused about how quick his boyfriend had moved but my gaze caught Jaynie's and the smile on the her face said it all. She was proud of me.