Chapter 19. || "Playstation, coffee and Skype."

Start from the beginning

Speaking of Roxanne, I had been accompanying her to bring her resume until she found a part-time job at Starbucks in Harvard Square, and now she was there until about 8 pm, when her shift changed. Now that Josh was doing his internship of his last year and spent most of the day at the hospital as an intern, they had no time to hang out, which seemed such a shame to me because I really think that they are perfect together. So now, as Nathan was not here, and Josh also didn't have his girlfriend there for him, I would go to his room and spend time with him, of course, when he had the chance to return to the dorm because he almost always had to sleep in the hospital.

Today was one of those days where Josh had some free time so I decided to stop by in his room to see how he was doing. 

—Hey, what's up? —I said as he opened the door and hugged me.

—Wow, I'm tired. That's all I'm going to say. 

Josh was one of the lucky ones who didn't have to share a room with someone —not that I don't like to share a room, but we have to admit that this is more comfortable. Well, yes he should, but it turns out that he hasn't been reassigned a new roommate since his partner was transferred to MIT. Now, his room is unusually large and rare, it took place even for a small sofa glued to the side of the wall, facing towards a flat screen TV that I think had been a gift from his older brother or his parents, I don't  remember very well.

I walked pass him and snort. —You might be tired, but never so exhausted as to refuse my offer.

He turned and frowned. —What deal? 

—Let's play with your Playstation. Please. 

He laughed and ran his hand through his mouth. —I knew that you visited me only because you were interested in something. 

—Come on, I bet you never use it. You have no one to share it with.

His eyes narrowed as he saw me. —Okay, you're right. But I choose the game we're going to play.

—I have no problem with that. 

I sat on his couch and left my phone aside while Josh turned on the TV and Playstation. Actually, I had always loved video games, but in recent years I had been distancing them because they reminded me so much of my brother, who loved to play them. 

Josh gave me a game controller as he sat next to me, making the sofa sink. The screen lit up and then I noticed that we were going to play Call Of Duty: Black Ops II. The game didn't matter to me at all, I just wanted to think of anything but how much I missed Nathan.

—And, how are things at Mount Auburn? —I asked as he put the game mode and other settings.

—Well, these last days the emergency room has been filled. Two nights ago there was an accident involving about 5 cars and the wounded, well, they were pretty wounded. Oh, and the other day we got this man, who was doing carpentry work and he accidentally opened his stomach with a chainsaw and—

—Okay, I get it. I don't see the need to try to make me vomit.

—I do it because I know you do not like it one bit. —He smiled mockingly.

—The truth is I don't know why Roxanne and you like medicine. 

We didn't keep talking because we had already started with the game, and at first I did not know what to do, but slowly as Josh was explaining to me then yes, I could do what I had to.

We had been playing for like 2 hours when my phone rang. I quickly took it, answered the call and put it in my ear as I pressed my shoulder to keep it from falling. I kept playing. —Hello? —I said, but I didn't know who was calling and I had not seen the caller ID .