★Chapter 29★

~Natsu's P. O. V. ~

"This." Gray held his phone up.

My eyes widened.

"The fuck I never sent this! My phone wasn't even with me! I was looking for my phone after Haru left and then I heard something. I ran over to the window and some Blondie in the gold streetlight whipped by, leaving my phone on the table." I messed up my hair in frustration. "Haru?" Gray tilted his head, something I've seen Lucy done many times when she was confused. The similarity struck me, a pang in my heart.

"After dropping Lucy off at Erza's he came and tried to explain." I paced about and flopped down on my bed. "Get up dude lay out an air mattress for me or something. I'm here to help your pathetic arse." Gray grabbed the back of my collar and pulled me off the bed. "And while you're at it, tell me your side of the story. I'm the only person willing to hear it right now so appreciate it." He added.

"Nah, we're in too." A voice came. We turned to see three silhouettes. One with glinting metal piercings, the other with a red birthmark down his eye, and the last with a shock of blonde hair.

"You said you couldn't make it Fernandez." Gray said with a raised eyebrow. "So did you, Redfox, Laxus." He acknowledged them. "Our girlfriends wanted us to deliver 10 boxes of pizza and 20 boxes of cakes. It took quicker than we thought." Jellal shrugged. "You pissed Blondie big time." Laxus faced me. I buried my face with my hands. "Geezus now everyone knows." I grumbled. "I'm gonna do Flame Brain--you owe me one dude--a favour and explain his side of the shit." Gray got up and launched into the retelling of the story.

-time skip, after the explanation-

"Woah." (Jellal)

"Damn." (Gajeel)

"Hn." (Laxus, expressionless as usual. Just kidding. Actually, no. He cares but expressionless)

"This is a mystery." Jellal said lowly. "Right? Who could have sent my text? I'm sure I got home with the phone. How did someone get it?" I ruffled my hair. "Was anyone at your house when you came back?" Laxus asked, bored, reclining on my chair. "Haru." I answered. "Then it's that white haired brat. Never liked him." Gajeel said, brutally honest.

"It's his brother, people." Jellal interjected. "Never liked how he eyed my sister. I can find sense in Natsu saying Haru tried to kiss Lucy." Gray shrugged. "So mystery solved, Haru stole your phone and sent the message and returned it to you through the window--" "That's the thing." I groaned, cutting Gajeel off. "I had a glimpse of the person that returned it. His hair was blonde. Blonde, idiots. Blonde." I emphasized. "Besides, he only came by my house. No way he could have stolen my phone from me without me noticing."

"Ah geez, back to square one." Laxus groaned. "Anyways, we know your side of the story and Lucy's side. I can guarantee you, Haru wasn't trying to kiss her. He probably wanted to, but he didn't. He's innocent." Gray glanced at me. "It totally looked like he was going to!" I protested. "Misunderstanding, Salamander. Bunny girl thought you were with that Ellie girl too. And you even lied saying you were visiting your parents." Gajeel went all slit-eyed on me. "Yeah. I'd say it's pretty even." Laxus shrugged.

Then we realized how quiet Jellal was.

"Dude, metal for your thoughts?" Gajeel slapped his shoulder. "I don't want your metal." Jellal sighed. "I was just considering the whole situation. All of this must have been staged by someone. The coincidence is too uncanny." "Haru's innocent. As much as I don't like the guy, he doesn't seem smart enough to stage everything. According to what Natsu said, he didn't want this to happen at all. Kept apologizing and trying to explain. Even went as far as making a detour from Erza's house and coming back here. We still can't scratch him off the suspect list, but we'll just put him off first." Gray mused.