★Chapter 17★

~Cana's P. O. V. ~

I got off the phone from Levy and took another huge swig of wine. Damn, why does alcohol taste so good. I roughly wiped away the remnants of the liquid from my lips with the back of my hand as ma gang came into sight.

"Done taking out the trash?" I blubbered. "Yeah, couz." Laxus sighed. (A/N: Yes yes. I know. "WHAT THE ACTUAL SHIT AUTHOR-CHAN YOU MADE LAXUS AND CANA COUSINS?!" Just go with it I find it pretty funny/okay/reasonable.) "You kicked ass couzkins. Have a champagne." I cooed and flipped a bottle over to him, to which he deflected right back. I pouted and stuffed it into my bag. "You're no fun Laxus-chan." I whined.

"WAIT. WHAT?" Lucy and Gray screeched. "Yeah. Somewhere along the line they found out they were cousins." Erza explained. "Gildarts was Makarov's son-in-law. Meaning Laxus had an aunt, Cornelia, but she died. Cornelia was adopted." Jellal added. "I'm still tryna wrap my head around that one." Lucy massaged her temples.

(A/N: I'm not a big fan of making too much weird connections between the characters but I had a sudden weird thought today: 'What if I made Laxus and Cana become COUSINS?'. So it goes. Please bear with me.)

"Don't try. I never got used to it. Now Laxus not only has a soft spot for Mira, but he has warmed up a little Cana too." Natsu tapped Lucy's forehead.

Awww.

~Gray's P. O. V. ~

I saw Natsu tap MY little sister's forehead, and it made me remember the ruby glint that I saw on her necklace.  I decided to take a closer look, so I walked right up to her, grabbed her shoulders and pulled her close, staring intently at the necklace. "Nii-chan?" Lucy asked. I reached out and picked up the sparkling thing on her necklace which turned out to be.....

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

I tore my gaze from the intricate ruby ring and glared at Natsu who smirked at me.

GRRRRR.

"NATSU." I growled.

"Yes Pervert Snow cone?" He said nonchalantly. "WHAT IS THAT." I shouted and held up the ring, tugging the whole necklace forward, causing Lucy to be yanked to the front and slam into my arm. "It's a ruby ring close to the colour of my hair you blind dick." He replied casually. I could hear the gasps from our friends and Mira's demented squeals.

~Jellal's P. O. V. ~

"He proposed to her?" I murmured. "Seems like it. The way they're acting, it's like the fight did not just end five minutes ago. They won't be getting up anytime soon. Let's just leave first and continue all this in the car." Erza mumbled back. I nodded my approval.

"Hey guys let's just take this to my house. Or do you guys want dinner?" I tried, but failed. "NO FERNANDEZ. IM GONNA SETTLE THIS SHIT. MY SISTER JUST GOT ENGAGED WITHOUT MY APPROVAL, AND IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS SINCE SHE GOT BACK, NO LESS. SHES 18 FOR FUCK SAKE" Gray shouted and went back to yelling at Natsu.

I sighed and looked at Erza. She nodded and walked over to Gray and Natsu.

"STOP FIGHTING." She growled.

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TO TELL US WHAT....to....do......" (Natsu and Gray sees Erza glaring at them and trails off)

"..." (Natsu and Gray realizes it's Erza)

"S-s-s-s-sup Erza." Natsu and Gray stammered in unison. (Natsu and Gray realizes they're gonna die)

We erupted in laughter, except for Mira who was still on the ground, in a delirious state.

-time skip, the next day, Saturday-

~Lucy's P. O. V. ~

"Imoto-chan."