★Chapter 18★

~Lucy's P. O. V. ~

The siren sounded, and the waves came.

I was still melting over what Natsu had said when Natsu plopped Wendy on his shoulders and walked deeper into the pool.

How did I luck out and meet such an awesome guy?

"Lucy, you coming?" Natsu yelled. I nodded quickly and swam over. We ended up snuggling together as the waves came one by one, jumping a little with each one, Wendy on Natsu's shoulders and me at Natsu's side with his arm around my waist. We were like this inseparable human sandwich.

It was during the waves and amidst all the laughing and giggling and chuckling which Natsu, Wendy and I emitted that I heard it:

"What an adorable young family!"

"Awwww look at the man so protective of his wife and his daughter~"

"The kid is so cute..."

"Look at the parents and you'll know why. One is so pretty and the other is hot."

My face heated up and exploded in red. Natsu was grinning triumphantly at me. Seems like he heard it too. He slid his hand from my waist up to my head and patted it before reattaching himself to my waist.

"This is like the most loving couple I've ever seen."

"Pink and blonde, perfect!"

"Someone tell that guy it's salmon." Natsu muttered. I laughed and we hopped up together in sync as the waves came again. "Cheria!" Wendy suddenly squealed. Natsu and I rode another wave as we turned to face her. "Cheria?" We repeated in unison. "My best, best, best friend! I can't believe she's here! Cheriaaaaaaa~" Wendy yelled, waving both arms to get her attention.

~Wendy's P. O. V. ~

*flashback*

"Moshi moshi, Wendy?"

"Cheria!" I squealed.

"What's up?" She asked.

"I'm gonna be babysit by two of my brother's best friends at the water park. They're like a couple, so I want them to enjoy their time instead of being a third wheel. Wanna come to the wave pool at like 11 two days from now, this Saturday?" I offered.

"Oh my God, the water park? I'm sooo in." Cheria accepted.

"Pretend that it was a coincidence okay?" I said mischievously.

"Of course. See ya!" Cheria said cheerfully and put down the phone.

I grinned to myself.

Not even Mira-san planned this. Am I not a genius?

*flashback ends*

"Wendy! What are you doing here?" Cheria swam over to me. "Where's your mom and dad?" I asked. It's best to keep acting. "They dropped me off here. They'll be back at like 5. Are those your brother's best friends? They're such an adorable couple!" Cheria swooned. I laughed on the inside. Natsu's temperature was rising and Lucy's face by now was give Erza's hair a run for it's money. Now for the next step.

Step 1: Pre-arrange Cheria the Savior of The Third Wheel.

Step 2: Beg.

I hopped off Natsu's shoulders and sent him puppy dog eyes. "Pleeeeeease can I go play with Cheria? It's rare I would meet her in a water park...pleeeeease? You could pick me up at the water park rest area." I pleaded. Natsu and Lucy looked at each other and shrugged. "Okay, but be careful. Don't talk to strangers, don't run out of the water park, don't attempt anything dangerous, don't--" "Lucy you're as naggy as Mommy." I giggled. Lucy flushed again. "You've got the motherly instinct already?" Natsu nudged her and winked. Lucy glared at him and mouthed "shut up". Cheria and I sent looks at each other and laughed.