★Chapter 2★

~Natsu's P. O. V. ~

After school.

Well I had made it a daily routine to stop at the Sakura Tree after school everyday. It was a good excuse for me to turn down the very annoying dates from the even more annoying girlfriends. Besides, it was my favourite place.

As I made my way towards it, I realized I wasn't alone. There was someone there. Glowing strands of cornsilk blew out from behind the tree.

It couldn't be.

Could it?

~Lucy's P. O. V. ~

I got out from the cab and walked slowly towards the tree. It had grown a lot since last year, it's branches reaching higher and it's leaves a huge green canopy. I stood in front of it and let the wind caress my hair for a while before leaning on the trunk and sliding down to the exact spot I had been.

I touched the ground and forced a smile. Under all this dirt and newly grown grass were the two Polaroids. It might have been the exhaustion of traveling, or the comfortable and cosy grass patch, but my eyelids drifted shut and my head slid to rest on my shoulder, and I fell asleep amidst the deserted streets, gentle wind, grassy hard ground and tall Sakura Tree.

I dreamt of him.

~Natsu's P. O. V. ~

I cautiously walked over to the tree. I could now see a vague silhouette of a girl curled up against it.

Girl.

Golden cornsilk.

This Sakura Tree.

I noticed the spot where the girl was lying.

It was the same.

Unable to believe my eyes, I ran over to confirm my suspicions. A gasp escaped from my mouth when I saw the girl that haunted my sleep every night.

Lucy.

Wait, Lucy?

LUCY?!

"SHE'S BACK?!" I screeched to myself.

~Lucy's P. O. V. ~

A masculine voice pulled me out of sleep. I felt a familiar presence. The screech sounded familiar too. So did the smell. I decided to pretend I was sleeping.

~Natsu's P. O. V. ~

Oh my God. She's back. Juvia was right. She'd be back today...a Friday. What was she doing alone, sleeping on the exact spot I had found her the last time? Why was she at this Sakura Tree?

Well might as well watch over her while she sleeps and slip away when she wakes up. I choose another day to die, thanks.

She hasn't changed much. She looked more toned, and she looked slightly more mature, even more filled out if possible. Her blonde hair was longer and silkier. If anything she looked prettier than before. I stared at her in silence. A wind blew past, causing stray strands of cornsilk to sweep onto her face. She shuddered a little.

I took off the scarf that I now would not go anywhere without and wrapped it around her neck, noticing her visible flinch. I reached forward to brush her hair away from her face, but a hand shot out and grabbed my wrist.

I jerked a little and looked up.

And looked into the chocolate orbs I had missed forever.

Neither of us twitched a muscle, nor said a word while staring intensely at each other. Recognition, anger and hurt flashed across her face.