★Chapter 16★

~Gray's P. O. V. ~

"That's it, I'm gonna go to Flame Brain's. I have a weird feeling." I said, getting up. Juvia stood up quickly and grabbed my arm. "Wait up Gray-sama, Juvia is going wi--"

BANG.

"AGHHHHHHH"

I couldn't even register what was happening. I heard a gunshot, then Juvia's screams of pain. My eyes widened in horror as Juvia crumpled to the floor. I scanned the room. Everyone was staring at Juvia with their jaws on the floor, the girls covering their mouths and the boys' eyes wide as plates. I myself forced my Adam's apple down and looked at Juvia. Her face was scrunched up in pain and she was gasping for air. Blood was steadily oozing out from her leg.

"JUVIA" I screamed in unison with the girls and I looked around the room frantically for my shirt that I stripped five minutes ago. When I found it, I yanked the bullet out, earning another high pitched scream from Juvia as she clutched my arm, and handed my shirt to Mira who came bounding over. She wrapped my shirt tightly around Juvia's wound as Levy leaped into Gajeel's arms and Erza called the ambulance. Or the cops. I couldn't tell.

I was pissed.

The boys and I sent murderous looks at the window, the only opening to the room since the door was closed. Then I saw a blur of black dash away and a note slid through the window. I leaped forward and grabbed it before anyone could, and read it.

Remember me? It's the tomato fuck. Meet me at the same place now before something bad happens to all of your girls. You win, you get Lucy. You lose, she's mine.

I growled and crushed the note, and turned back slowly. The boys were burning a hole through the note with their gaze and were instinctively shifting closer to their girls. The girls were crowding around Juvia. Jellal ran back into the room with Wendy, who screamed and rushed to Juvia to began nursing her.

I held all of their gazes stonily.

"Call Flame Brain. Tell him to bring Lucy and meet us guys at the beach. Mira, Erza, you're fighting alongside us. Cana, you're gonna come with us to standby in case of anything. Levy, stay with Wendy and Juvia when the ambulance comes, and keep Cana updated. We're gonna take two cars there. Mira, Erza, Cana, you're going with Jellal. The others come with me.

"We're gonna kick ass."

~Lucy's P. O. V. ~

I took a deep breath and before I could say anything, Natsu took out a red velvet box from his pocket and slowly opened it. A glimmer caught my eye, and my gaze was drawn to the sparkling pinkish ruby perched atop a ring with intricate silver spirals. Without thinking I wrapped my hand around his wrist softly and lifted his hand gently, taking a closer look at the ring. There was a word engraved on the band:

Mine forever

I inhaled and a fresh wave of tears came. "I..." I couldn't speak, I was sobbing so hard. Then as if it wasn't touching or magical enough, Natsu just had to reach his other hand up, the one that wasn't holding the ring, and tuck stray golden strands behind my ear.

"Please?" He pleaded in a soft voice.

I opened my mouth.

"Y--"

I was going to give him the answer both him and I wanted, but Natsu's phone rang. Natsu cursed and checked who it was.

Laxus.

~Natsu's P. O. V. ~

"Fuck the timing." I hissed and checked the caller ID.

Laxus.