★Chapter 27★

-timeskip, 3 months later-

~Natsu's P. O. V. ~

"...yeah. No, fuck you. Sure. ...you better be kidding you asshole. Okay, okay. Hehehe. You'll kill yourself if you drive while talking. Byee." Luce hung up.

"Who's that?" I asked the blonde who was lying across my lap as we chilled in my bedroom, me gaming and her talking on the phone. "Haru." She answered. "You two have gotten pretty close lately." I said grumpily. "He's driving to run an errand right now." She ignored me.

"He could have called me, not you." I muttered. "Don't be jealous baby. Have a cookie." She jabbed a thumb to the plate of cookies on my bed. I sighed and paused the game before munching on a few.

Ever since Haru's return, he's been getting real close to Lucy, putting her above even me. Lucy doesn't go on dates with me anymore, she just studies with Haru and all. I have to admit, I'm jealous.

Suddenly, I got a text. Luce picked up my phone and flung it to me. I caught it expertly and checked my messages.

From: Haru

Ne Natsu-nii, I need your help. There's this girl named Ellie who keeps begging me to go on a date with her. I don't like her, I like someone else, but I don't wanna hurt her by rejecting her. Can you go in my place and explain? Pleeeeeease?

I texted back:

From: Natsu

Tf man don't ask me to do that it's fucked up. And I have a girlfriend, in case you forgot Lucy.

My screen lit up again.

From: Haru

Do it for me pls, I'm having study session with Lucy tmr too. Help me outt.

From: Natsu

Fine. Details.

My phone buzzed almost immediately.

From: Haru

Yayyyyyyy. Tomorrow, 6pm. The beach. Thanks bro. And don't tell Lucy, she might get jealous.

I sighed and turned off my phone. Why did I agree so easily again. Haru is right, if Lucy knows I'm going to meet a girl she won't let me. Better keep this a secret fr--

"Natsu, what's up? You sighed." Luce perked up. "Um, nothing. Have a cookie." I grabbed one and stuffed it into her mouth and unpaused the game.

I wonder how Ellie looks like.

-timeskip, the next day-

"Do you need me to pick you up?" I offered as I dropped Luce off at the library. "Nah. Haru is your brother remember, he can send me back even if he stays with your parents now." She declined and leaned in to kiss my cheek. "See ya later mi amor." Luce waved and disappeared in the building. I sighed. I felt so bad that I was lying to her about Ellie. But it had to be done.

I drove for a while and finally stopped in front of the beach and got out. I stared at the picture of her Haru sent me. Her pale brown eyes reminded me of Lucy and her shoulder length brown hair confirmed that the woman standing in the waters was her. I cautiously walked down the steps and made my way to the waters and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and stared at me confusedly.

"Ellie, am I right?" I asked.

"Uh, yeah. Who're you?" She questioned. "Natsu Dragneel. You know, twin of Haru? The one who's supposed to meet you?" Her face fell at my reply and she laughed a little. "He really isn't coming huh. You're here to replace him?" She said softly. I kind of felt bad for her. She seemed really nice. "Yup. Haru asked of me to. I'm sorry Ellie but he likes someone else. He can't return your feelings. He can't bring himself to explain so I'm here doing it for him. I'm really sorry." I apologized.