★Chapter 21★

~Natsu's P. O. V. (1 year later, Sunday)~

"Geez Natsu just breathe its gonna be okay." Cana sighed as her hand reached inside her bag. She immediately withdrew her hand and slapped herself, muttering.

To clear the confusion, in the end Cana decided to tell Gildarts about it. Gildarts flipped and like Laxus predicted, hunted Bacchus down and beat the crap out of him. Needless to say Bacchus didn't appear in front of Cana again. Cana was banned from alcohol, only being allowed to drink twenty barrels in a week. (It's already a lot. She used to drink a minimum of fifty per week) She already had her twentieth barrel yesterday, yet she reached into her bag at times out of habit. Yes, she does still go to pubs, but Laxus accompanies her every time with Mira.

And now, two years later, the ban and the condition that Laxus must accompany her to the pub all the time still remains. Only when Cana is 21 years old will they be lifted.

Next week is Lucy's 19th birthday. Specifically, next Sunday. I'm currently with the gang in my room, freaking out about what to buy her and nervous about her birthday party planning. "I can't. Breathe. Last year I had to go overseas for a week on some kind of weird business shit. Lucy was really sour about me not being there on her birthday. She wouldn't talk to me properly for two weeks. She wouldn't stop reminding me." I rubbed my temples. "She was real pissed about it." Gray agreed.

"RIGHT?! I HAVE TO MAKE IT UP TO HER." I shouted. "Calm down, Natsu. We'll go gift shopping tomorrow after school just for you. We already got our gifts for Lucy." Jellal slapped my back as Erza nodded. "Doesn't make me feel any better but okay." I muttered. Then I stared at the paper in front of me.

Lucy's birthday party planning

When:
-Next Saturday, on the eve of her real birthday
Who:
-Lucy
-Me
-Levy
-Juvia
-Erza
-Cana
-Wendy
-Mira
-Gray
-Gajeel
-Jellal
-Laxus
Food:
-Cheesecake
-Mocha
-Oreo Ice Cream Cake
-Marshmallow dip
-Practically anything sweet
Decorations:
-I HAVE NO IDEA
Where:
-School (HOW COULD YOU EVEN SUGGEST THAT)
-Pool side (HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE BEEN THERE)
-Country club (LUCY HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE)
-Theme park (WE HAVE BEEN TO EVERY SINGLE ONE IN THE COUNTRY)
-Some kind of restaurant or place selling food (YOU WANT IS TO GET KICKED OUT FOR MAKING NOISE, MAKING A MESS, AND MAKING OUT? ADMIT IT YOU'RE THE ONE WHO WANTS FOOD)
-Art museum (And then get kicked out for trashing the place. Smart.)
-I give up.

I groaned. I can't even settle her birthday party, not to mention the fact that I was gonna plan something else for on the actual day of her birthday for me and her. "What do I buy her..." I murmured while face down on the table. "What does bunny girl like? Use the crap for brains you have, Salamander." Gajeel urged. "She did show some interest towards art and music." My voice was muffled by the paper. "What or who are her favourites? Favourite food, thing to do, person, style...." Levy tried helping.

I raised my head from the table. "She likes cheesecake, mocha, she likes to draw, paint, play instruments, listen to music, write, scenery, make out with me--" "BE SERIOUS PYRO." Gray shouted as he slammed a fist into my face. I coughed and glared at him. "She does like to make out with me." I pouted. "Don't make that face in front of a living person again. Ever." Gajeel shielded his eyes. "Lucy likes my pouty face!" I argued. "This isn't going anywhere. Natsu we've been here for four hours. It's already eleven at night." Laxus spoke. I exhaled. "I know, Laxus. It's just so hard." I grumbled. "Y'all go home first then." I added. They looked at each other, shrugged, said their goodbyes and left.