Chapter 20: First Date

Today is the day. I've been waiting for this day for....... not forever but in a way yes. My First date ever! And it's with someone I really like.

Even though shit hit the fan yesterday and I might have lost someone I consider a good friend of mine. I'm not going to let that ruin today. It's a problem for tomorrow. I'm living for today. I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

Okay I'm meeting Peter at noon in the mini garden behind the mansion. I laid out the black floral dress that I tried on yesterday and some black combat boots.

"Outfit? Check! Shoes? Check! Hair? Not checked! And Makeup? Not needed." I said I looked at the time to see it just hit 10 am.

I put on some sweats and a shirt and went  to go meet Moira in the basement.

I was standing in the elevator when it opened and I saw Alexander enter the nurses office. I walked into the room to find him gone.

"Where did he go?" I asked myself.

"Where did who go?" Moira asked as she walked into the room.

I looked around the room once more and saw nothing wrong.

"Nothing maybe it's my imagination." I said as I sat down on the table.

"How are you feeling?" Moira asked.

"I feel fine. I'm excited for today. You?" I said.

"I'm the same." Moira replied "It's been so long but it's worth it."

"Well I hope we have fun. Jean and Scott already left for their date. You and the Professor are leaving after this and I have until noon." I said.

"Yup he left Raven in charge of the school. He needs a break. Every once in a while." Moira said as she prepared the shot.

"Moira...... These headaches are happening more and more. Are you sure this stuff is working. I feel like I went from one dose a day to about 3 a day." I said in realization.

"Maybe it's your body becoming immune to it. Don't worry this is a stronger dose I've been working on for today. It should last for the rest of the day and probably early tomorrow morning. Once the headaches stops then you won't have to do this anymore." Moira said.

"I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything bad but are you sure that is the right one?" I asked.

"Yes. Here just to reassure you I'll leave a little out and examine it later when I have time." Moira said.

She turned her back to me and did something that I couldn't see.

She turned back to face me and filled the vial with the dose.

"Okay. Here it is." Moira said. She injected me with the sedatives and started packing up.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I said and jumped down from the table.

"I'll see you too." Moira said.

I walked out the room and over to the elevator.
I saw movement from the corner of my eye. I turned to look and saw nothing. I used my powers to scan the area and saw nothing.

"What's going on with me?" I wondered as the doors opened.

I looked one more time in that area before I got in the elevator and proceeded to my room.

Once I was in my room I got dressed and curled my hair. I put on a little lip gloss and looked at the time. 5 minutes until 12. I heard a knock on my door.

"What are you still doing in your room?" Jubilee asked walking through the door.

"Do I look okay?" I asked.