Chapter 17: Advanced Classes

I opened my eyes in the middle of the night to feel weight on the other side of my bed.

"Did I wake you?" I heard Peter voice ask me.

"Peter!" I whispered/yelled. "You just got back?"

"Yeah. There was a lot of traffic." He said as he held the teddy bear Kurt gave me. "What's this?"

"Oh that? Kurt gave him to me." I said taking the bear from him.

"It's a boy?" Peter asked.

"Yeah well it can be a girl but the eyes scream boy at me." I said with a smile.

"Does he have a name?"

"Not yet." I said. "I'm still thinking of a name."

"Well are the names you are thinking of?" Peter asked

"Angelus, Max, Shadow, Silver, Orion...... there's so much more but those are the only ones that popped up." I said.

"Let's go with Angelus." Peter said taking the bear from me.

"At least I didn't say Mr. Scruffles or Mr. Waffle. Oh wait those sound really good." I said.

"No it's Angelus. Your next two bears you can name them those weird names." Peter said.

"My next two bears?" I asked. "Are you going to give me a bear?"

"No..... I didn't say that." He said.

"But you implied it." I stared at his face.

He avoided my gaze. I reached up and turned his head to face me.

"I look forward to my next stuffed animal." I said staring into his eyes.

"Okay......." He held my gaze.

"Your blushing." I smiled as I saw a tint of red creep up on his face.

"Gosh. Why do you keep pointing that out?" He asked.

"Cause it's cute. You won't be able to tell when I blush." I said.

"Yeah I can." He said.

"How?" I asked.

"Your ears turn red and you can kind of see it if you look hard enough at your cheeks." He poked my face.

"Maybe I need to hide my ears now." I joked as I covered my ears with my hands.

"No I won't let you do that." Peter said reaching over and uncovering my ears. I realized how close we were.

"Don't squish Angelus." I whispered.

"Right." Peter backed away and picked up Angelus and sat him on my desk.

"It's late and I remember Jubilee telling me that the Professor requires you to get some rest." Peter said.

"So?" I asked.

"It's 1 am and I need sleep. But I came here to tell you. This Saturday don't plan anything. We are going on a date."  Peter said.

"Okay." I smiled. "I'll see you later."

"Alright Goodnight." With that Peter left my room with a whoosh of Air.

Go back to sleep Angela.

Really Professor? Why are you still awake?!

I had work to do.

You go to sleep!

I will soon.

No! Now!