Chapter 32- Final Steps

Y o u

We push our way through the portal, entering a room, all of us dropping to the ground. I land chest first and I groan in pain as I feel the air knock out of my lungs. I cough heavily before getting up and try helping Asriel pick up G.

"Home sweet home..."

I look up to notice that we were back at their place and that we teleported into the living room, not noticing that we landed on the glass table which was shattered right underneath us...

"Oops"

 "Alright Y/n help me get G to his room so I can treat him"

"Alright"

We adjust G onto our shoulders and make our way to his bedroom. Once we get there we dropped him on his bed, as he laid there unconscious I look over at Asriel, wondering if I should stay in the room with them both or not.

He kneels down by the bed and scans G's body from head to toe. He stands back up and sighs heavily, groaning in annoyance afterwards...

"what's wrong?"

He switches his gaze towards me...

"This fucker right here doesn't know how to control his damn emotions and because of that here he is laying on this fucking bed, fucked up...that's whats wrong!"

"ok?....and?...."

He sighs once more and walks over to the corner of the room. Coming back, dragging a chair behind him and setting it down in front of the bed.

"Meaning...if I weren't here he'd be dead! This asshole can't even take care of himself and I'm forced to take care of him! Ughhh Piece of SHIT!...."

"Uh...What do you mean your forced to take care of him? No one else is here so no one is forcing you"

"It's not that...its just....."

He sighs...

"What?"

"It's complicated....You know?"

"Yeah I guess"

There was a long pause...

"Y/n?..."

"Yeah?"

"There's a lot of stuff you don't know about us...or what we did in the past or how our life was before this whole war started..."

"I know...."

"But I've always had this one question stuck in my mind for a while"

"And what's that?"

"Why are you helping us? I mean, us...monsters...in the past I did...a lot of shitty things to you...so why?"

I sigh and look down. Feeling sad for some reason and a little disappointed...

"1, because you forced me to live here with you an-"

"No! I mean why are you helping US, like why didn't you let your species kills us?"

"Because I'm against this whole war! Humans hunting down monsters!? Thats...bullshit and im helping you because....I care...I care that if you got hurt or even died because of me I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I dont think monsters are bad...I believe there's good in them.."

He looks down...

I knew he was bothered now because he looked away and started checking G....

He places his hand over G's forehead...