The Mall-Chapter 17

Y o u

Izayan carefully parks his car and takes out his keys. We were in the parking lot in front of the mall. It was a huge white building labeled 'FrontRed Mall'. I exit out of the car and see Izayan opening the door for his little sister. I close the door behind me and wait for them to walk with me.

We head to a glass double door and it opened automatically in front of us. We stepped in to feel the cool air hitting our faces and look around. All I saw were clothes, jewelry, and everything that was for woman.

I see an escalator and make my way towards it. Izayan and Mayumi followed. Now that I think about it, this is the first time I've ever been to a mall. I was always busy with school and grocery shopping, I never went out.

I step on the moving stairs and I head up to the second floor. It felt pretty weird because everywhere I turned, I always found people staring at me and whispering to one another. This was embarrassing and I tried ignoring it.

Izayan was walking right next to me and Maymi was on the other side. I guess people were thinking that Izayan and I were dating somewhat. He was cute but I could never get a guy like him to like me. There was someone out there better than me for him...

"Hey Izayan"

"Ya?"

"People keep looking at us..."

I then see him look around noticing that people were actually looking at us. He raised his brows and looked back at me smiling...

"Just forget about them, there probably jealous because you have a great friend like me"

I frown at this and lower my head a bit...

"I don't think that's it"

"Hey I'm just joking alright"

He looks away and I look forward. I see Mayumi in front of us looking around for anything that she liked. She finally stopped in front of a store filled with stuffed animals and points at it, jumping excited.

"Bigguburazā wa, watashi wa, 1 ni shite kudasai eru koto ga dekimasu!"
>Big Brother can I get one, please!<

I look over at Izayan and I see him sigh. I knew what she wanted so I walk on ahead with him right behind me. We walk in and see many stuffed animals everywhere. The place was a little girly but I didn't mind at all. I see Mayumi jumping one place to another looking at all the stuffed animals...

"I'm gonna go broke"

I look over at Izayan who was right behind me, stepping right next to me. He rubs the back of his neck and sighs heavily. I had my wallet with me so I opened it to take out some cash...

"I can pay for it of you want"

"No no no it's fine. You shouldn't have to. I am her brother and it was my idea to bring you guys to the mall so I do expect to lose some cash along the way"

"I don't mind, it's just a stuffed animal"

"Nah it's alright"

"You sure?"

"Positive"

I close my wallet and look over at Mayumi. She grabbed a white rabbit and walked over to a section filled with stuffed animal clothes. I giggle under my breathe to see her jumping from place to place excited about getting one.