Uncertain Hearts-Chapter 25

Izayan

I was then thrown to the ground the wind was knocked out of me. I groan in pain but look up to see Scar offering me her hand. I smirk and grab it but instead of lifting myself up, I pulled her down.

She fell on top of me but I pushed her off and pinned her down to the ground with my knee. I scoff and let go of her, brushing my clothes off...

"Eric was right....you really are something"

"Yeah well this just didn't happen last night, I had to train you know"

"And I get that so that's why I'm teaching you more and more techniques"

"Fair enough...can you lend me a hand"

"I don't know can I trust you"

She gives me a bored look and I sigh, offering my hand to her. She grabs it with acception and I lift her off the ground  and onto her feet. She takes in a deep breath and quickly lets it out.

I chuckled under my breath and shake my head, taking off my gloves and putting them on the shelf. I put a towel around my shoulder and grab a water bottle.

"What's so funny sir"

"Nah it's nothing...you...never mind"

"It's alright if you don't want to tell me, I can be a bit pushy"

"No no no it's not that, it's just....you sort of remind me of someone"

"Oh....umm"

"Sorry if I offended you in anyway I didn't mean to"

"Oh no you didn't, I was just thinking of who that person might be..."

"Who?"

"Well I don't know...I don't want to upset you in anyway but Eric told me a lot about her and...is it...Y/n?"

I hold my breath and sigh deeply, opening my water bottle and gulping it down. I sigh again and pull my hair back with my hand, looking up at the ceiling.

I look back down at Scar and notice she was very still. I guess she thought she must have offended me so I quickly respond...

"Ya...it's her"

"So...I heard she was...taken by monsters...is that true?"

"Ya...she saved my sister from a car and she took her own life instead. I barely even knew her now that I think about it"

"What happened?"

"Umm...well...We were exiting the mall and we were crossing the crosswalk and...a car came rushing in towards my sister. I ran in to save her but y/n pushed me back and she ran after my sis. She jumped in for her and covered her body around her and....the rest...I really don't want to talk about..."

"It's alright"

"But I can tell you that when we arrived at the hospital she went straight in to surgery. 10 minutes after that, some monsters broke into the hospital and took her. It's like they teleported right in front of me and I couldn't do anything about it"

"It's okay you don't have to tell me anything else, I understand what your going through"

"Yea...thanks"

I throw the towel on the shelf and put my leather gloves back on. I wrap the Velcrow back on and place the water bottle on the shelf as well. I look back at Scar to see her doing the same.

"Can I ask one more question?"

"Sure go ahead"

"Do you love...y/n?"