14 The First Day of School (Past)

Începe de la început

"It's all right, Hikari." The blue-haired high-school girl devoted herself to her interlocutor. "Haven't you heard the stories?"

The boy nodded. "Yes, but there are so many ... and most are simply incredible. I was worried about you."

Another schoolgirl with long, black hair, dark eyes, and glasses on her nose came over. "It's said that your whole family is ...?"

Yuna lowered her gaze. She nodded as her heart grew heavy. "Yes."

The student struck her mouth. "I'm so sorry. That must be terrible."

"A terrorist attack?" - "An explosion." - "It was murder." The whole class whispered.

"Leave Yuna alone!" Hikari hissed and rose. "What do you think how she feels?!" Tears came into her eyes. "Leave my friend alone!"

"Relax, Emo." - "Is she going nuts again?" - "Say something, class-representative."

Nisha glanced at Hikari, who glared at her. The cat girl looked over at Yuna, who bit tense on the lower lip and clenched her fists.

"Egawa-san, Masatada-san, please. Leave her some space," said the class spokeswoman.

"Okay." Gorou turned around and pulled out his phone.

Rin Masatada, the female student, once again expressed her condolences and went back to her place.

Still frowning, Hikari sat down and gave everyone a look of aggression that dared to look at her table neighbor. She looked like a lioness who defended her young.

Yuna snuffled. She rubbed her left back hand over her left eye.

"Sweetie ..." Carefully Hikari put her arm around Yuna.

"I'm fine." The blue-haired broke away from Hikari and pulled out her mathematical book. "Where are we?"

"Uh ..." The black-haired girl blinked at her friend.

"Page twenty-seven. Wada-san always scribbles during class," Gorou said.

Hikari hit his head from behind with a booklet. "Fuck you!"

"Ouch! Are you out of your fucking mind?" He turned around and glared at the black-haired. "You're completely nuts, you psycho!"

"What do you know?!"

"I know, you're a damn attention whore, with your depressive fuss."

Hikari's eyes widened. "Take that back!"

"Masuda-san is really suffering. She's not just doing that for show."

"Hey ... guys ..." Nisha shouted.

"Take it back!"

"No."

Hikari's face became red. "Take it back!"

"Guys ..." The cat girl didn't have the slightest control.

"Everyone knows you're a psycho, Wada-san."

Yuna jumped up and slammed her flat hand on her table top. "SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

Both the clapping impact and the angry scream were presumably heard in the neighboring rooms. The breast of the blue-haired girl rose and lowered slowly, but clearly, as she gnashed her teeth.

Everyone glared confused at her, since Yuna so far had - or hadn't - been noticed as a quiet and reserved student.