Chapter 75

102k WTF OH MY GOD IMMA GO SCREAM OUT MY WINDOW.

---

I make my way to my mothers house, just a couple of weeks ago I was here announcing I was engaged and now I'm pregnant. Woah.

This can go either very good, or very bad. There is no in between with that woman I mean seriously. I knock twice and wait patiently for the door to open. I glance at the grass, could use some water-

"Lizzy. Sweetheart! I wasn't expecting you. Why didn't you call?" She opens the door wider and I step inside what I once called home.

"Oh you know I just.. I wanted to stop by and-what the heck mom you got a cat!" I look at her in disbelief.

"Oh yeah! His name is bubba." she smiles and goes to pick him up. My eyes light up at the sight of an animal instantly.

"Hi wittle baby!" I smile as I pet the adorable kitten and suddenly like a ton of bricks I'm hit with the realization of what I just said. 'Baby'

"Uh mom.. there's something I need to tell you-"

She walks into the kitchen setting bubba down by a little plate of food. "Sure and go ahead but first." She stops and looks at me.

"I need to take out the wash and put it in the dryer."

I clamp my hands together, "oh ok. You do that mom, I'll wait with bubba in the kitchen."

She jogs to the laundry room and I hear the opening of the washer machine. "How do you think she's gonna react bubba?"

He looks at me and purrs as his tail touches my leg, "well I mean maybe she'll say that." I pet him some more and wait patiently until my mother soon walks in a smile on her face.

"Ok so why did you come here? What'd you need to tell me?" She smiles up at me as she takes a seat on one of the chairs.

"Mommy.."

"Yes Elizabeth."

"I have some news that I need to share with you." Oh god, just hurry Elizabeth. Rip it off like a bandaid.

"Sweetie you're scaring me. Is everything ok?"

"Yes everything is perfect. I'm.." I swallow and take a deep breath.

"Mom I'm pregnant."

Her eyes widen and her smile drops instantly.

She looks between my eyes and opens her mouth to speak but no words follow, her eyes look lost.. confused even.

"Mom.." I go to reach for her hand but she pulls away, "mom?" I frown.

"How long?" She whispers.

"I just found out a couple of days ago. When I went to the hospital from my car crash. They ran some tests and they told Aiden and I.." I stop talking when I notice her silent and in thought.

"Mom say something please." I shutter at the thought of her screaming at my face.

"Just give me a minute.." she gets up and goes to the sink staring out the window, my heart shatters at her reaction.

"Mommy-"

"I just need time ok Elizabeth.." she looks at me and my eyes water. This wasn't what I was expecting. Happiness or anger. But disappointment..? I wasn't prepared for this and now I feel as though my world is falling apart. What does she think of me?

Is it because I'm not ready? I'm too young? I want her to answer these questions to free my mind of this awful state but by the time I look up she's gone and her bedroom door shuts.