Chapter 57

I stand in the elevator and awkward silence fills the space between us. My palms are sweaty my heart is beating so fast. Oh dear god breathe Elizabeth breathe!

I glance over at Aiden and really look at him. Same hair same blue eyes his jaw is more structured. He got a little taller, I can tell his arms got bigger...

I haven't seen him since...

Two years ago.

Two years it's been two years and yet every night before I went to bed I always pictured him. Every date I was forced to go on by Ashley I just saw his face. Every fucking morning I pray to have him lay beside me.

Yet I was always disappointed.

---

Aidens pov

I stare at her while her eyes focus on the ground. Her hair is a little shorter, it use to reach down to her belly button now it just covers her breasts.

You should not have said that...

Stop thinking about her breasts!

I clear my throat and her gaze turns to me. I take this chance to look at her face, beautiful as always. She turns her head and I look down at her attire, her black crop top makes my heart race.

Why the hell is she wearing that?! And that short skirt!

I see her toned legs and my mouth goes dry, focus Aiden focus.

--

Elizabeth's pov

The elevator doors open and he walks out. I follow close behind him and we walk into an even bigger office then the one I was in before. How the hell?..

I walk in and shut the door behind me he makes his way over to the sitting section and I sit in front of him.

We stare at each other for two whole minutes, no one saying a word. I clear my throat uncomfortably.

"Look if you have something to say-" I start.

"You look beautiful."

I stop and my body freezes. My heart stops beating and my head nearing explodes. He can't just fucking say that to me. He can't!

"What are you doing here Aiden?" I whisper. Surprisingly enough he hears me.

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here?" He questions with a raised eyebrow. Jesus Christ he hasn't changed a bit.

"I meant what the hell are you doing in California.." I stop and my sentence drifts off I don't want to make my anger rise. This is all too much already, I can't have that mix in.

"I work here." He stops and glances at his hands. "I'm the new CEO."

My head shoots up so fast, my eyes widen. I shake a finger at him. "You."

He stares at me and looks around the room, "me?"

"You!" I stand up and grab a pillow throwing it at his face. He catches it obviously but his face turns into a frown.