Chapter 9

I slowly tilt my head up. Those captivating eyes. I stare at him for what seems like forever.

Aiden

I quickly look away "uh oh I'm so sorry." I laugh. "I was just in the restroom and I didn't see where I was going" I feel heat creep up on my cheeks.

What is that?

Are you..
Are you fucking blushing
we don't blush. What is going on?

"Na it's my fault, but hey it's uh good to see you.." He stares at me and then at my dress. I take to the time to notice what he's wearing. A black suit with a black tie. Perfect.

"I'm just glad I didn't have a cup of punch with me, it would have ruined your dress."

I glance at his hair, it's so perfect I just want to run my hands in it.

He was talking to us. Listen!

"Huh" I say. "Oh right!  that wouldn't of been good but you didn't have punch so.."

He smiles

Damn that smile is perfect.

He laughs, "guess the braces in middle school payed off then."

Oh my god did I say that out loud.

"Uh yeah they sure did," I begin to laugh and I suddenly feel like I'm going to vomit, "I'm so sorry I have to go."

I grab the bathroom door about to turn it only to have it already open at the same time by Ashley.

Hitting me in the face.

Making me fall on my ass.

Right in front of Aiden.

This couldn't get worse.

"Woah woah" Aiden says while helping me up. He puts his arm around my waist and easily lifts me off the floor. Heat goes everywhere through out my body.

Im floating on a cloud.

"Oh my god! Liz! I'm so sorry-" then Ashley sees Aiden helping me up. "Oh- oh! Well um imma go. Yeah bye!"

She left me!

I quickly spin around and collide with aidens chest. I rub my head while I try to mumble an apology. "Do you want to get some fresh air. Seems like you'd need some." He smiles.

"Oh yeah that'd be great." I laugh

I start walking but stop when I realize I have no idea where to go. "Back door is this way" Aiden says. I quickly follow him and try to catch my breath.

Breathe
Breathe
You got this.
You're Elizabeth freaking Rivers.

You can handle a simple stupid crush.

I walk outside and see beautiful twinkling lights hanging from trees. The pool looks so clean and blue, and the flowerbeds look absolutely perfect. I glance towards Aiden, "So does your mom know Brenda or something?" I ask.

"Yeah they're close friends" he grins, I walk on further and notice a bench. I sit down and take in the scenery. Aiden follows but doesn't sit.

"Do you want to .. Sit down.." I ask, I scoot over trying to make room for him.

"Oh, no it's fine I uh, don't feel like sitting down, it was a long car ride up here and.." he pauses, his voice trailing off. He scratches the back of his head. Something he'd always do as a kid when he was nervous. That's how I could tell he was lying to me.