Chapter 42

"Hello sweetheart! Come in!" Mrs. Parker greeted me at the door. She's a small lady with a beautiful face and black stunning straight hair. Her eyes are blue, just like Aidens.

I walked in and hugged her squeezing slightly. When me and Aiden would have play dates she would always bake me cookies and do my hair. She always wanted a daughter, but unfortunately couldn't have one at the time. She was devastated and I guess I was like her daughter. She was my second mother. Though once she had Sophia, all her wishes finally came true. I was so happy that she finally had a daughter of her own.

But don't get me wrong, she loves her son. Aiden was already setting up the table when I walked in. His eyes lit up and he walked over to give me a hug. I buried my head in his chest for a moment.

A bright flash went off and a click was heard.

"Sorry! But you guys looked so adorable! I couldn't help it." Aidens mom can around the corner and handed me the polaroid picture. I placed it on the counter waiting for it to appear.

Loud stomping came from upstairs and suddenly Sophia appeared in the room. "ELIZABETH!" She ran and tackled me in a hug. I picked her up and laughed.

"Oh my goodness I've missed you. How have you been sweetie?" I asked. She looked at me with her big blue eyes.

"Good! You?" I smiled at her question.

"Never been better." I placed her down and went to go help Aidens mom with the dinner. She was making pasta and garlic bread.

"Where's dad?" Sophia questioned. She looked towards the door and then back at her mother.

"He'll be here soon he was in a meeting-" just then the door bell rings and Sophia screams. I laugh and cover my ears as she runs to the door.

The door opens and in walks mr. Parker. "Daddy!" Sophia yells she giggles as she runs over to her father and jumps up in his arms, he laughs at her silliness.

"How's my princess?" He questions.

"Good! I got a 100 on today's test!" He tossed her up and caught her.

"That's my girl!" He said tickling her. I laughed. This family couldn't get any cuter.

He carried her all the way to the kitchen and dropped her off at her seat.  He made his way to his wife and kissed her softly. "And how is my queen doing?"

I stared from afar admiring them.

Juliet, Aidens mom smiled, "she's doing just fine now that the king is here." Sophia giggled.

"Daddys the king! And Aidens the prince. Oh! And Elizabeth is his princess." Aiden laughed at her.

Joseph, Aidens dad looked my way and smiled. "Ah Elizabeth good to have you here darling." He gave me a warm hug. He towered over me with his 6'4 frame.

"I'm glad to be here." I replied.

---

I hugged Sophia one last time before I walked out the door with Aiden.

"Come back soon!" Sophia yelled. I laughed. "Like tomorrow soon!"

I hugged her one more time. "Goodnight Sophia!" I waved as I shut the door.

The smell of freshly cut grass surrounding the air. We walked to his car and he opened the door for me. I quickly got into the passenger side and he walked over to the drivers seat.

Once inside he drove me to my house, it was a silent but peaceful drive. He parked in my driveway and took off his seatbelt. I stayed still for a moment staring out the window.

I felt his gaze on me and I turned my head, meeting his unreadable expression.

"What are your plans after graduation?.." I questioned breaking the silence. His eyebrows came together and he thought for a moment. I stayed silent patiently waiting for a response.

"Well I have applied to several colleges. I haven't received any letters yet but I'm.. Im not really sure." He paused for a moment and studied me. "What about you?"

I looked at my lap suddenly interested in the fabric of my new jeans. I sighed and turned my head. "I don't know.." I gulped and stared at him. I bit my lower lip. What does the future hold?

I wish I could answer that question but I sadly couldn't. I reached for the handle and got out of the car. I walked to my front door and felt the cold metal of my keys as I tried to yank it out of my purse.

A sound from behind me made me stop. "Elizabeth.." I turned and saw Aiden close his door and walk towards me.

"Why... What's wrong?" He reached out to hold my hands. The heat of his skin making my knees go weak.

"I just get so.. Caught up in thinking about the future. I don't.." I stopped. He grabbed my face and pushed my chin up to meet his eyes.

"You don't what?" He questioned.

"I don't know what's going to happen and that scares me." My eyes watered and he quickly kissed my forehead.

"Where not suppose to know what the future holds baby girl. But you can't spend your whole life worrying about it. Enjoy now. I promise you..." He held my face and I closed my eyes.

"I promise you everything will work out." And with that he kissed my lips and I was pulled out of my black thoughts and into a place where I was captivated in pure bliss.

I kissed him back just as strong, not wanting the feeling to go away.

"I love you Aiden." I whispered.

He kissed me one more time, gentle and sweet but still filled with passion.

"I love you Elizabeth."

----