Chapter 24

The weekend went by in a blur. The feeling of disgust soon overtook me when I realized school was tomorrow. I know I'm popular and all, but I still hate going and actually doing work.

At least you get to see Aiden.

That is correct. At least I get to see him. And spend time with my friends. Because if you think about it. Those high school years are so important. And sure it's all about studies and getting your shit done. Of course, planning for the future etc etc.

But you also have to think about the memories you make with the amazing people you meet.

I close my eyes and lay on my bed. Those memories will always stay with me, the good, the bad, and the amazing.

I look up at my celling. Lost in thought. I here the door slam.

Moms home.

I slid off of my bed and head downstairs. I make my way into the kitchen and see her take off her coat.

"Hey mom" I say softly. She turns her head and smiles.

"Hey honey, how was your day?" She sets down her keys and purse. I slump over to the chair. I feel drained. I need a hot bath and some chips.

She stares at me. Her eyes scanning my face. I know she knows somethings up. And I know she senses what it is. It's like this all the time. Once I reach that point where I'm happy it all goes down with one thought..

Dads not here.

I sigh and run my hands over my eyes. My mom rushed to my side. Her senses were correct. They always are. She hugs me tightly. And kisses my forehead.

"Go see him honey." I glance up at her.

She nods her head. "Go see daddy.."

---

I walk into the cemetery and grip the flowers. He always liked red roses they were his favorite. I suck in a breathe and make my way to his gravestone.

I sigh and sit down slowly on the cold ground, I place the flowers near his grave and look at his name.

Jonas Rivers
1970-2008

A tear slides down my cheek. "Hey dad, I miss you.."

I wipe my face with my sleeve. "Crazy stuff has been happening. Like you know Aiden."

I pause and take a breath "the boy that was my best friend a while back." I smile.

"Well we're dating." I laugh.

"I know you always loved having him around the house. Y'all both loved moms brownies." I pause and think over the many memories.

Tears flood my eyes, "I miss you so much daddy. I want to tell you so much. I wish you were here so we could watch Harry Potter like we used to. And all our other favorite movies.."

I get cut off by a sob escaping my mouth. The wind blows and my face hardens. I wipe my tears once more and sit in silence. Listening to the trees nearby and the wind.

"Dad.. I've been thinking about the story. The princess. And well when you left me.. It was like when she pricked her finger I was hurt and I didn't want to love anything else in this world.. But then you said that that's how you live.. You learn from your mistakes and you fall in love and.."