Chapter 30 (yay!)

RING

RING

RING

RING

what is that fucking noise!?

I open my eyes, to get blinded by the sunlight streaming through my window.

Wait window?

I run my hands over my face to see I'm in my jeep still. I must have fallen asleep.. The memories of what happened early come flooding back into my mind and I frown. Tears try to escape but I push them back, I look at my phone to see 35 missed calls from Ashley 43, missed calls from Jack, 32 messages from mom and 54 calls from her. And 108 missed calls from Aiden.

I toss my phone in the back seat, oh god what have I done. They're most likely so worried. I look at the time on the radio and cringe 9:34pm.

Fuck! Ashley's party.

I quickly grab my phone and dial her. She answers on the first ring.

"ELIZABETH ROSE RIVERS WHERE ON EARTH ARE YOU?!"

I shut my eyes.

"I'm sorry ok! I- I was just really tired and I.."

"DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS!?" I could hear yelling in the background.

"Is that her!?" Yep jacks voice.

"How's the party?.." I question softly.

"How's the- HOWS THE PARTY?!"

I roll my eyes.

"Are you for real?! There is no party Elizabeth! Everyone was worried sick!"

I hear more shouting. Especially my mother threatening to kill me.

Oh what have I gotten myself into..

"Listen! I am on my way to the house. I'll explain everything once I get there but.. You have to call everyone. Don't you dare cancel this party because of me. Call everyone now and tell them the party is still on.."

I hear mumbles through the phone and finally Ashley agrees to dial everyone again. I smile, my life may be ruined but I don't want to ruin hers and all her hard work.

---

I pull up to the house and mentally prepare myself. Ok this is it. They are going to ask questions and I'll just tell them that I was driving I felt dizzy so I pulled over and then I accidentally fell asleep.. I question if they'll buy the whole thing but honestly I don't have time to think about a back up plan. And I'm not ready to tell them what really happened. I need more time..

I walk into the house, slowly putting my car keys down I'm met with silence. Uh I thought everyone was going to be murdering me. What happened?

"Hello?" I call out.

Instantly I hear loud footsteps and I prepare myself for the wrath of my mother. She stomps into the dinning room fuming. Uh oh.

"ELIZABETH ROSE RIVERS WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?"

What is it with everyone using my full name?

I smile softly. She returns it with a glare.

"Well about that.."

---

"I can't believe you passed out!?" My mother shrieks for the thousandth time.