Chapter 68

53K LETS GO

--

I turn down the radio a bit and focus on the road. 6:39pm. And I have no where to go.

So why are we driving?

I don't know.. I don't know anything anymore. I automatically take a left turn and go straight. Where am I going? I have no clue. Maybe I'll just let my "heart lead the way" whatever the hell that means.

It seems like something Ashley would say, "follow your heart let it guide the way.." all that make believe crap is really getting to me.

I take a sharp left and go up the hill.

Wait

Are we?

Why am I.. why am I going here?

I take another small left and go further down the dirt path, it's a winding road that leads to a high view of the city. You see everything from there, it's absolutely breathtaking.

Aiden took us there.

The memory of Aiden taking me to this place replays in my mind, I remember after we went to get milk shakes.

Back when we were in high school.

Back when life was simple.

And to think that I was afraid of what others would think about me. The popular girl dating the nerd.. now I could care less about anyone's opinions. That's something that I've learned from that experience. I've taken everyone's thoughts and pushed them aside.

Only trying to focus on myself..

Yeah how's that working out for you.

I go straight after taking a right and then stop the engine.

I'm here.

I open the door and feel a soft breeze flow through me. I walk towards the middle of the opening where you see the view better. I wrap my arms around me and look at the city before me.

I've always been a city girl. Hell I always will be, but sometimes.. sometimes it's nice to get away. To take a step back and just look at the world in slow motion and stop trying to speed everything up so quickly.

I can hear the traffic down below, and if I close my eyes I can almost smell the pizza from the pizza shop 12 blocks from my house.

Maybe we need a vacation.

I'm too busy with life for an escape.

There's always time for an escape.

Yeah maybe..

I pull out my phone and look at the time. 6:59pm.

I hear my heart beating in my ears, he'll be happy, that's all that matters.

I sit down on the near by wooden bench and just look at the trees. Not even terrified at what's hiding beyond the woods. Not even scared that the moon is out.

All I feel is numb. Maybe someday I'll wake up and he won't be the first thing that comes to mind. Or maybe one day I'll be able to walk by the ice cream shop and not think of the time he spilled chocolate ice cream all over his new white polo back in high school.

Maybe one day.

Then a sound of a snapping twig breaks the silence. I turn slowly and see nothing.

This is the part were a killer comes out and chops us to pieces. See next time we try running away from the world for a bit. ILL PICK THE FUCKING LOCATION.