Before You Read

Will be released on Wattpad in early 2017...

Before you start reading, let me tell you why I'm writing this: 

I am writing this for all the lives that have been lost to school massacres and to bullying and depression. I am NOT writing this story just because I want to and I'm bored. I want to write this simply because no one else will. 

On December 14th, 2012, there was a massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary. Sandy Hook impacted me more than any school massacre. This is a little known fact: I had two very young cousins who attended Sandy Hook during the time of the shooting. We were told this from their dad (I'm not saying names). My youngest cousin was in the classroom right next door to the one that got attack. Her teacher locked up the doors and wouldn't even allow the police in without identification. That teacher saved her life and I can't thank her enough for that. The last time I saw them was about two months before the massacre. That teacher won Woman of the Year.

Sandy Hook is something I just cant get over and I thank God everyday for my blessings. 

But, many lives were lost that day. 

This book is inspired by Sandy Hook Promise guide and the short film "Evan." 

This book is told in a fiction matter about how to know the signs of gun violence.

At the end of each chapter, it will have the signs that he was planning harm throughout the chapter.

My character, Colin Christian Cortes is inspired from what I read and heard.

It took me a while to fight the courage to actually write and publish this on Wattpad. This is not a book just for the heck of it. I want you guys to take something out of this book.

The main character, Colin is a fictional character inspired by what I've read and watched on gun violence and school massacres.

This book may include violence, drinking, smoking, depression, self-harm, bullying, homicide, suicide, swearing, and sensitive situations and/or topics. I don't know what this story will include yet but here are some things that are probably going to be in this book.

This book is not condoning anything other than gun violence prevention.

FACTS:

80% OF SCHOOL SHOOTERS TOLD SOMEONE OF THEIR VIOLENT PLANS PRIOR TO THE EVENT.

70% WHO COMPLETE SUICIDE TOLD SOMEONE OF THEIR PLANS OR GAVE SOME TYPE OF WARNING OR INDICATION.

MORE MAY BE ADDED TO THIS CHAPTER WITHIN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS UNTIL I PLAN TO RELEASE IT ON HERE.