Chapter 43. The Battle Till Dawn

Karen thought that when they finally know the enemy’s weakness everything will be okay. But it seem that the enemy knows a trick or two about the divine blades.

“You think you can outwit me huh? You see what happened to the goddess? She was nothing now but a speck of light that resides within your bodies!” He punches Inigo.

“Take this talkative Brutus!” Gibo hit Sitan at his nape. Sitan his at him transforming into his lion-like form. He then produces her serpent tails to attack Gibo. Inigo transforms into his wolf form digging his fangs on Sitan’s back.

“Argh!!! You! A diminutive shame on my race!” He again shoots the shark’s teeth projectiles to Inigo. But to his surprise the wounds quickly healed ejecting the nasty sharp teeth out of his body.

“Karen now!” Inigo shouts. Karen jumped and aims for Sitan’s heart. The aswang senses the danger that will befall him and decided to keep distance at Karen.

“I won’t let you escape!” Gibo stomps on the ground and soon water came out from it tangling themselves on Sitan.

“I see. So Idyanale temporarily removes the seal on your body. But is not enough!” Again Sitan produces the Bronze claws. The Minokawa’s claws. A powerful weapon equal to that of the divine blades.

“Woah! That’s sharp! I can’t let you do that to me!” Gibo ran as fast as he could to find rocks. Once he was able to find big debris of the ruined mansion he levitates them towards his enemy.

“Rocks, rocks, rocks. They’re nothing to me!” He charges towards Gibo. Sitan began engulfing himself in flames once more and targets he whom he thinks is a greater threat.

“I’m still here!” Karen slashed Sitan’s left feet making him lose his balance.

“Argh!” Sitan shoots his sharp tong but Karen quickly predicted his moves. She jumped up high enough where the projection of the tongue can be avoided and cuts it with her blade.

“I….won’t forgive…!” Sitan digs the ground. He was hiding there ready to surprise his enemies. But he was the one trapped. Gibo encased him in a group of heavy rocks.

“Now come up!” Gibo stomps the ground once more making the encased Sitan come out of the ground.

“I can’t be defeated by you!” Sitan’s cage exploded. His body dramatically changes as his face was now completely that of a lion. His entire chest was now protected by shell shield and both her arms now have the Minokawa’s claws.

“Since you’ve proven yourselves worthy I’m gonna go all out with you now!” He bared his fangs bringing horror to group.

…….

Sophia and Thea were now resting at the van. Christopher, Misako and Isabel were sleeping. Fortunately Megumi was able to exorcise the seeds of Sitan before they can take root on the two girl’s hearts.

“Hey Sophia? You think they’ll be okay?” Miguel asked as he cleans his eye glasses.

“Who knows? Those aswang are insanely strong but our friends are pretty strong too.” The word friends makes her shiver. What has gotten into me? She thought. She was still looking at Thea. Then she looked away at the sky and realized that the dark night will soon be over.

“Yeah I think so too.” Miguel wears his eyes glasses now and began cleaning the Kampilan. It seems to emanate dim light as if it was alive. “Huh? That’s weird?”

“Miguel the twins? I haven’t seen them. We might as well look for them while we’re here.” She stand up and took her grimoire.

“Ok I’m coming with you.” Miguel was about to stand when Thea grabbed his hands.