Chapter 24. The Offender

Inigo don’t know what to do at situations like this. He knew that he can’t lie anymore. Thea was looking at him indifferently. Gibo seem quiet and doesn’t look him in the face. Karen is still waiting for his explanation. The Fujiwara twins were glaring at him.

“Well, to be honest. I did took your sister Akemi and Yumeko. But it wasn’t me who kidnapped Chris. I just received the orders from Joaquin.” He tried to look at his comrades but none of them seem to believe his words.

“What of Chris? How come you’ve kidnapped their sister and not my brother? We have not met before for you to make him an exemption right?” Karen’s close to breaking into tears but she tried to hold her on to face him.

“You have proven to me that you are, after all, a no good punk.” A scornful Thea pointed her finger at him. Accusing him. Cursing him. Gibo stepped in.

“If it wasn’t you then who is the culprit behind Chris’s disappearance? By way Fujiwara, how did you know it was Inigo who took your sister away?” As always Gibo tries to make sense of things before giving his judgement.

“Just like us, my younger sister Misako is a Miko. She has a special ability to send images into our dream. And it was him who took her away. She was just going to buy something in a nearby store when suddenly that boy took her away. She said, because that yokai is agile no one actually notice her being caught by him.” Akemi then let out a sigh.

“Even if she’s very young and uber cute my sister is a talented Miko. She was even better than us if time permits her training. And she was our only hope to bring us back in Japan.” Yumeko added. She was the more expressive and blunt of the two.

“You see? Our family was exiled by the emperor because we have used Amaterasu’s powers to save the princess from a tsuchigumo. He said we can only return if Misako can become a full fledge Miko when she turn 10 and serves the court for 20 years. It was our fault for bypassing the court’s law. Only the crowned princess of Japan is authorized to use the powers the Kami of the sun.” Akemi sounds more frustrated than earlier.

“And we have to find her. But first we’ll kill this punk!” like a boomerang Yumeko threw her fan spinning towards Inigo. He managed to evade her attack but Akemi came charging in.

“Ame-no-Koyane! Give us your strength. Purify the evil that hinders our path.” The papers wrapped in her spear glows. The letters seem to illuminate the object. At the same time, Karen felt her right arm sting. Then she was awed by the sight of the marvellous sword like tattoo in her right hand. A signal of Ynaguinid’s divine blade.

Akemi dashed through the pavement of the road to get nearer Inigo who was trying his best to avoid her thrusts. She spins her spear first slowly, then it became faster and faster until all Inigo can see of the weapon is a circle of laser light. “How could you take away Misako from us? Go to hell!” she swings her laser loop at Inigo.

“Oh crap! I can’t block it!” he knew if he can’t avoid the attack he’ll be sliced in half. So instead of desperately dodge the attack he transformed his entire body into humanoid with a turtle’s shell skin.

“You think I can’t break through your defences?” she tool a few step away from Inigo and threw her laser loop. The friction from the ground seem to add strength to her weapon. All of a sudden Karen came in between Inigo and the laser loop.

“Oh goddess of warriors, I beseech thee. What stands before me is one of your dragon fangs. Halt its power and purify this sword!” for the first time her diwa flowed intensely from her body and then concentrates at her weapons. The intricate vines decoration of her arnis glow. The moment the laser loop reach her it stopped spinning. The papers wrapping it all fell to the ground. Now the spear looking ordinary than before, then it sparkled like a fire work. For a second she saw it reverts into a Kampilan. Then after if shines like a star it came back to Akemi.