Chapter 35. A Noble Man

Sophia is careful not to get noticed by the enemy. She pinched her arms as she whispered a spell.

“Silencio…” suddenly her movements were soundless. She entered the room trying her not to get notice by Ms. Elsa. She was too devoted to the oration that she didn’t bother to look around. The remaining children noticed her but she made a hand gesture telling them to be quiet. As the white witch channels the energy from the dead bodies of the children to the tree Sophia quickly grabbed her head.

“Obscuridad! Confusiones!” Ms. Elsa trembled in shock falling to the floor then jerking as if she had been hit on her head.

“Kasmir! What’s the meaning of this?” Great. Sophia thought. The white witch is already having hallucinations. Elsa keeps on cursing and yelling at this man whom Sophia doesn’t even know. She then frees the children one by one asking them to run and hide if ever they encounter someone suspicious.

“This is a hex? I need to remove this!” Before Elsa can do anything to help her situation Sophia quickly responded touching the librarian’s shoulders.

“Paralizado!” and the enemy became more helpless than before. After freeing the last of the remaining kids she rushes to Karen’s side. Her classmate is unconscious. She touched the chains that bounds Karen’s hands and whispered “Congelacion.” Suddenly the metal was engulf in ice that soon breaks itself along with the chains.

“Karen? Let’s go.” But there was no response. Suddenly a root from the tree tries to grab Karen but Sophia quickly pulled as fast as she could.

“Oh God! I can’t believe this dumb chick will weigh as heavy as this!” soon enough the root almost reached them but she managed to close and lock the door. Sophia then realized she can’t carry Karen back to the surface. She took Karen’s hair and tie it to her fingers like a ring.

“Sorry girly but I’m running out of magic. This is the best thing that I can do for you. Ocultar!” the hair on her fingers vanished. And so was Karen.

“As long as I still have mana you’ll reamin hidden. Please do wake up after an hour for your own sake.” She gave Karen a blow away kiss before running away afraid of the seeking root.

…..

Mang Kado is indeed a magnificent Babaylanes (Male Babaylan.) with his Itak he was able to finish off more than five zombies in a single strike. Miguel is not doing badly either. His form of fighting depends mainly on striking the opponent while depending making him a bit slower at time. He got faster whenever he isolates two or three of the undead army.

“Good Job! Keep it up.” Mang Kado yelled at him. He like Miguel, still have a handful of zombies to dispatch. He was too busy fighting the undead swarm when suddenly he felt an incoming attack. He cannot locate where it is coming but he knew that the attack will land on him soon.

“Uncle watch out!” a boy yelled.

“We’ll take care of her.” said the two girls who were running just behind the boy. They sent out paper charms that hits the shadowy bullet like creature.

“Argh!” the shadow like substance engulfing the attacker vanishes revealing Selena.

“I’ll take care of her!” Gibo jumped at an incredible height reaching Selena by the neck, tossing her to a nearby tree. Suddenly the zombies seem to stop moving.

“Is it over?” Asked Yumeko. Miguel however seem to stay alert than the rest. His instinct told him this is far from over. Akemi noticed Gibo can now fly. A bright yellow like aura seem to propel from the tattoo at his back. Then Gibo shoot himself at the tree were Sophia had landed.