Chapter 36. Unexpected Help

In the underground dungeon Karen lies unconscious on the wall. No one can see her. That is the effect of Sophia’s spell. As much as she is safe right now doesn’t equate that it will be the safe for the next hours. As she breathes soundly something surge within her that for a moment Sophia’s concealing hex seems to disperse. It takes a few seconds before the spell was able to hide again. From the same place loud noise can be heard as two immensely powerful beings clash with each other.

“What are you? Why aren’t you dead?” the primordial residing within Chris had spoken to Gibo after he noticed his pincer’s venom were not affecting his enemy.

“I don’t really wanna talk to strangers like you.” As he responds to the primordial he delivers quick punches towards the enemy wishing he’s not damaging Chris’ real body.

“Haha even if you’re far stronger than me I know you don’t have the courage to kill this kid, my host.” As he finishes his statement the entity misshapes his host’s face.

“Damn it.” Gilbert knew the enemy was right. How he’ll be able to defeat his foe will be the question for this night.

……

Joaquin smiles as he raises his hands in the air. Soon some of the banana tree trunks came towards him like metals to a huge magnet. Daniel didn’t even think twice before acting. He send his clones to attack Joaquin but Joaquin manipulated the banana tree trunk to shield him.

“Darn it! Here comes the real problem.” Daniel looked very pissed in contrast to his angelic features. The same tree trunk that shields Joaquin transforms into Daniel.

“You guys haven’t learned your lesson yet?” Joaquin taunts Inigo’s friends.

“Let’s focus assaulting Joaquin, otherwise the doppelgangers will just continue to appear.” Sebastian transforms into the shadow berserker once again and tries to attack Joaquin avoiding the tree trunks as much as possible.

“Well then I guess these guys can help.” Marco releases different bugs from his body surrounding him like a swarm of bees. Then he directs them at Joaquin who got disoriented by the bugs. The copy of Daniel attacks Marco but Simon kicked the copy in the face using his hooves.

“You got to be careful little buddy.” Simon reminded their youngest member about the peril that stands on their way. He joined Sebastian as both were able to deliver direct attack to Joaquin. As soon as the pureblood was able to recognize his disadvantage he immediately controls the tree trunks once more and were able to his both Sebastian and Simon. The tree trunks then started to transform but Lusviminda arrives. She slash the morphing trees in half using her feet’s claw.

“You kids a getting good at this aren’t you?” Joaquin was pissed but he knew he can turn the tables on his enemies. He quickly manipulated the tree trunks like a puppeteer with invisible strings. But instead of copying Inigo’s friends the tree trunks copied Joaquin. “Now my friends, go on and use my powers!” when he was done speaking the copies of him transform into different animal humanoids.

“Guys, I know I can’t fight like you do but let me help.” Marikit then started to sing a song which strengthens her friends.

“Oh I see I need to eliminate that songstress? Kill her first!” the copies obeyed the pureblood’s command. But Nicole interfered.

“Like I’ll let you.” She release a ball of light that explodes like a fire work. The copies were startled for a while but soon one of them seized Nicole. The copy chokes her making Marikit scream in horror. Daniel rushes to their side. As he nears the copies he made himself invisible.

“Ack!” the copy made a weird sound and then it turned into its original form with hole in the middle.

“Hey flower child? Don’t be useless ‘kay?” Daniel smirked at Nicole.