Chapter 8. A Sort of a Superhero.

Never in Karen's life did she imagined herself in a situation like this. Her bestfriends suddenly gone. They were carried by giant animals that seem to have some intelligence. And she all alone in the boulevard. She don't know what to do anymore. She started to cry. Christopher's gone. So is Thea and Gilbert.

"I can't do this anymore." 

"Then come. Come with us."

"Huh? Who's there."

Awwoooo!

And the black dog is back. Karen takes her time observing the creature. It has black fur, It stand at least seven feet tall. Its claws were as long as that of an average knife. Its teeth, the same size of a white board marker only its sharper, and full of blood. Gibo's blood.

Not long enough a giant shadow appears in the boulevard. Looking up in the sky Karen can see the giant bat. It is only then did she realized that the bat's features were very feminine. Its chest look similar to that of a woman. And it face, human like, only paler.

"If I were you I'll come. We don't wanna hurt you." said the giant dog. It looks more anthropomorphic when it speaks."

"Were you two responsible in the kidnappings these past few days?"

"You are misunderstanding your situation here young woman. You are in no position to speak you worm!" the bat seem to have a very short temper.

"Well if that is the case...."

The two creatures seem baffled at how relax the human had become.

".... You'll have to catch me first!" Karen throws her bag at the giant dog and run.

Run. Run. Run. This is all she can think about. As she was running she can feel the two creatures closing in to her, It is very insulting as she can feel the the two were not even using their maximum speed to catch her. It is as if they were playing with her. 

There. She thought to herself. The old Rotary Club Hall. Maybe if she can get inside she'll be safe and wait till the morning come. But that won't help. Its too early for morning. still, She's thinking if she can somehow get something inside to defend herself.

Jackpot. There it is Karen a broken window small enough for you to fit in. She's thinking things through this time. Must be the adrenaline. This time all she can hope for is a quick, long, accurate jump. One. Two. Three. 

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Thank heavens. She's there now the Old Rotary Club Hall. So far all she can see are dust, webs and broken wooden chairs. That's it. One feet of these wooden chair will be long enough to use against those monster. What else? There are CD's on the left side scattered. Its Frisbee time. She thought. Karen is determined to get even with those monsters. She can already hear the sounds they make as they tear some parts of the Bamboo made hall. Just above the bat is doing enough damage to the already rusty roof.

Just as she guest. Not long will it take for those two break the walls or roof in order to get her. She hides under one table. She's hoping they won't notice her until she can complete her plan.

"She's still here. I can hear her breathing." Its the dog.

"She sure is here you fool!" the bat replied.

Ok. Now that's enough. As they approach near Karen's place she had figured out how to at least inflict pain to these monster. This is her revenge.

"I'm right here ugly maggots!" and then she run. As the bat approaches and lunged towards her she duck and immediately she grabs one broken chair with all her might and threw it at the monster. She'spretty amazed how limp the bat monster had become after her strike. No time for celebration. As the dog heads for her she uses the CD as saucers hitting the dog. However it does very little to delay the dog. Too late now as it jumps towards her, she grab a feet of the broken chair and hit the monster on his head.

GRrrrrr

Karen already expected that her plan is an epic fail. still she smiles as the dog pin her down with its enormous paws. Somehow it claws were smaller now.

"Foolish mortal! Do you think you can defeat us with your wit?

"No! But at least I can give you  pain similar to what you have done to my friends!"

"They're dead now. They were very delicious! Such fresh livers."

Karen almost puke. But she can't. The dog's paws were very heavy. She's starting to lose her breathing,

"Were suppose to bring you at the headquarters but you see you damage my friend's wings so I have to carry her. I guess you will do good for my appetite."

Boom!

"What is that?" The is flabbergasted  

"Tooth of the maiden, white and pure vanquish the evil that stands before you!" said a familiar voice and a shining ball of light hits the dog. 

"Argh. Babaylan?" the dog uttered.

"Who are you?"

"Karen dear, I was just missing for 20 minutes and you've forgotten me already? God you're impossible. And why is that dog on the top of you? Ew!"