Chapter 12. Aftermath

Tuesday. The day after that horrifying night. There's just so much things that had happened last night that Karen cannot absorb easily. But seeing her parents so worried about her gave her comfort which she was actually longing for. This makes her almost hate herself for she somehow realized last night that she's actually jealous of her younger brother. She cannot believe she was able to developed such feelings for her poor brother. But it doesn't mean she does not love him. 

This morning her Dad decided to accompany her to school. When they arrive there Karen look around in every direction feeling uneasy that someone might be looking at her. Then she saw Gilbert and Thea. They seemed to be waiting for her.

"Hi Karen!" Thea waved at her. Gibo appears to be very sleepy leaning on the gates as if he's just about to go to school.

Karen's dad patted her shoulder indicating he's gonna leave her now.

"See you later dad."

"Hi Thea!" Karen runs into her friends waving her hands on Gibo's face trying to wake him up but the lad just smiled at her while rubbing his eyes.

"Ew. Don't tell me your excavating your eyes for some golden morning glory's?" Thea as always, wants to get started with Gibo.

"Ew? Haha Karen you should have seen her Mom's face as she scolded and chased her last night! haha that's epic! Afraid of your mom's magic broom stick are we Thea?"

"How dare you tell that secret in public!" Thea is really angry now and is kicking Gibo from every direction she can hit.

"What do you mean your mother "chased" you with a "broomstick"?"

"Ah? Eh? Gibo! You!"

"Stop it right there!" said a manly voice.

"Yeah! Don't you touch our "cuddle bear!" cutie patutie Gibo!" followed by a very high pitched voice.

Akemi and Yumeko Fujiwara. The Otaku twins who claimed to have lived in Akihabara in Japan. The one witha manly voice is Akemi and the other one who sounds very petite is Yumeko. 

"Oh hi Fujiwaras!" said Thea.

"Hi there Petite Princess Yucie." said Akemi as if she hates to acknowledge Thea.

"Gibo I have a copy of the latest english volume of Naruto, would you like to see it?" said Yumeko. Her eyes were shining brightly as she looks at Gibo.

The twins seem to be very fond of Gibo especially Yumeko. Karen can hardly distinguished the two from each other. They look quite pretty as Japanese like those characters in game called Final Fantasy. They both even have a mole right beside their eye. The only difference is Akemi's mole is near her right eye and Yumeko's on the her left eye.

"By the way Karen let's go and talk about our I.P inside the room. We have less than 30 minutes before Mrs.Blanco enters our room. As for Gibo he's not much of a help anyway so I'll let him be with those two anime characters ugh."

Karen smiles at the thought that Thea appears jealous of the twins for having Gibo for themselves. As they were walking Miguel saw them and walks besides Karen.

"Hey Karen how' your brother Chris? Is he back now?" Miguel asked curiously.

"No Miggy, He's still missing. It's nice for you to ask about him."

"Well remember when I was at your place during one of our practice? I actually enjoyed playing with Chris. He is a very energetic boy. Bibo."

"Miggy if you may excuse us but Karen and I have to talk about our I.P. I hope you know what I mean."

"Yeah. You don't have to be so direct. By the way, Do you have a schedule this coming saturday Thea?"

"Uhm?" Thea is blushing. Karen knows that even though Teyang sees Miguel as a threat she secretly admires him.

"What Thea?"

"I'll text you!" and then she pushes Karen inside the classroom. Miguel is smiling at them as if they did something funny.

As they sit on their proper places they notice Inigo was already there. He approaches them with a very apologetic face.

"Guys sorry last night, I was so scared I run off immediately." He said looking at Karen and then to Thea. Thea smiled at him.

"Ok Inigo I understand. Can you accompany me outside during recess time? I have to photocopy some notes. Don't worry it'll just be the two of us."

Karen look straight into Thea's eyes then to Inigo who is now smiling at Thea. 

"Sure. If  you say so."

Karen scratch her scalp as she cannot perceive what is going on between the two. Then entered Mrs. Blanco and the class proceed as usual.