Chapter 30. Incarcerated

Thea was still depressed by the fact the operation was a total failure. They buried the bodies easily thanks to Mang Kado’s contract with the underworld diwata. More signs of depression appears before them as they discovered that children in Mambog were also missing. Gibo holds with him Karen’s weapons. There is a sad expression on his face. The Fujiwara twins are still crying and kept on saying their mother will never forgive them. Despair envelopes the group. 

“Kids get up. We don’t have time to sulk around the corner. Danger will soon descend upon us. We have to be prepared.” Mang Kado was also tensed by the situation. Turns out the old man with him is Brgy. Captain of Kalahan, Mang Pepeng.

“Uncle what will we say to Karen’s dad? How can we just go there in their house and say that his daughter was abducted?” Thea can no longer think straight anymore.

“I’ll talk to him. He might not be easy on us but he has to find out the truth.” Mang responded.

“If only I have returned earlier this wouldn’t happen.” Gibo was punching the ground.

“We didn’t know there’ll be so many of those zombies.” Yumeko had stopped crying already.

“If only you hadn’t stopped Sophia’s spell maybe we could have won.” Akemi was glaring at Thea. Deep inside her she knows that Thea did the right thing and Sophia might lose herself in the process of using such extreme magic.

“Sister!” Yumeko retorted.

“You’re probably correct about this.” Thea responded. They were still at her house and yet she looks the most vulnerable among the group. She was too confident with her skills that she didn’t anticipate something bad will happen. She didn’t even realized it was first time she dad face-off with a pureblood aswang.

Akemi felt guilty after realizing how down Thea’s spirits are.

“Kids you have to rest, we might have another long night this day.” And so they all ended up sleeping at Thea’s place. Sophia still hadn’t show up since last night. Probably she is still resting.

…….

Mang Kado knocks at the gate of the Sta Ana residence. It was Francine who answered to him and welcomed him in. The place is quiet silent. Francine prepares some food for Mang Kado. Angelo came down from is room.

“Karen texted me. She said she’s staying at Thea’s place.” Angelo lied. Then he continued talking. “Francine can you go to the grocery? Our toiletries are already near empty.”

Mang Kado and Angelo locked their stare with each other. The reason Angelo suddenly asked his wife to go out of the house is to talk about Karen without worrying Francine.

“What happened?” He was calm. Though Ricardo can feel the tension of his body.

“They were overwhelm by a Pureblood and her army of Amalanhid.”

“An army of Amalanhid? Isn’t that a bit too far fetch? Controlling one of those is hard enough what more can an army damage to the master?”

“The pureblood’s unique ability allows enhancement and she possess a heart of a man from the Amalanhid bloodline.” Mang Kado tries to find the moment to spill the bean. That Karen is abducted by the enemies.

“So where is Karen? Asan ang anak ko?” this is the most difficult moment for Ricardo but he have to tell him the truth.

“The enemies took her with them.”

“I see. That’s why you bothered to come along here personally. This will be too much stress for the kids.” The expression on his face seem to distort a bit. His eyebrows crossing each other.