Chapter 29. Land of the Rising Dead

It’s already pass midnight when the group reached Mambog where Montevideo subdivision is located. They were surprise how extremely high the place was. The long slanting floodway like road that leads to the main entrance can be quiet exhausting.

“Ugh, at this rate I might fall off this road and roll down there. When I reached the bottom part a jeepney will come rushing into me. Then I’m dead.” Sophia kept on complaining.

“If you want you can go home.” Sophia just rolled her eyes and ignored Thea who was disappointed because she wasn’t able to spend more time with Miguel.

“Shhh.” this remark silence the two. It came from Inigo. When they have reached the entrance a man stopped them. It was the subdivision’s guard. He asked them who they were looking for.

“A my mom told us to fetch her things at Ms. Selena’s house here. Can you guide us to that place?” Akemi lied. She was looking at the man as if she’s studying him.

“There’s no Selena in this part of the subdivision. As you can see we are hosting a very small number of houses here.” The man was looking straight at her. Thea, sensing the dilemma took out her Johnson’s bottle powder and threw some powder at the man.

“Sweet dreams mister.” But instead of sleeping the man turned in a large black dog Humanoid.

“Ay patay tayu dyan! Everyone be ready.” Gibo’s shout signalled them to spread out. Akem took out a paper charm which transforms in her spear. She was about to assist Gibo but she screamed when the dog ripped off Gibo’s hands.

“That hurts,” He said. Then his Tattoos light up his body. The intricate swirls began to cover his entire body. It just a matter of second and Gibo grew his lost arms. As the white glowing Tattoos vanished red ones started to appear, they were like swirls but somewhat it reminds the group of rose thorns. As they were all awe at Gibo, the Dog attempts to run. But Gibo darted off and in no time he was already tackling the monster. He strangle the creature’s head. Then they heard a strong sound. Click. Then the monster fell on the ground.

“We have to find that house.” Gibo’s clothes were already stained with blood. Sophia covered her mouth as if she’s going to puke. The twins let out another paper cut out. They began chanting silently then the paper transforms into a bird. However it looked like a paper Mache splattered with ink.

“That is the last shikigami from mom. I hope it can locate that house.” Yumeko was the one who summoned the spirit bird. They all waited for the bird to return. Everyone was silent for some time but soon enough one of them screamed. It was Sophia.

“Ack!!!!!” She ran towards her comrades as two corpse like body emerged from the tall grasses that was behind her earlier. Yumeko used her fans as boomerang. As it strike the body of those zombies they suddenly stopped. And then drop themselves to the ground. Their eyes blank. Their faces rotten with worms coming out of it,

“Amalanhid…” Thea recalled her grandmother’s lesson about Amalanhid. Usually a family with the Amalanhid’s bloodline will have their dead family members as undead servants. But there is something wrong with this two Amalanhid.

“Thea. These two are pretty weak for an Amalanhid right?” Gibo was also bothered by the variance of this zombie-like creatures. Yumeko suddenly felt a headache.

“Someone destroyed the shikigami. But I know where the house is now.” She leads them into a big mansion. As they were about to enter its gates a dozen of zombies appeared before them. Akemi uses her spear to defeat all twelve in one strike utilizing the divine blade’s property.

“Oh? That was one powerful toy there, Misako senior.” A woman with jet black hair and fair complexion appeared at the gate of the mansion. Somehow she reminded Karen of Inigo.