Chapter 31

"YN, what happened to you?"

"What do you remember?"

"I remember us kissing, then I blacked out. I woke up in a hospital bed." She shrugged as Lisa widened her eyes.

"You two kissed?!" Lisa yelled out. I couldn't tell if she was mad or excited or something like that?

"Yeah, I told you when it happened."

"Uhh, no you didn't!" I was sure I did!

"Okay okay, whatever. We did and Matthew saw us and he, he uh, he just," I just stopped there. I couldn't say it. I remember it so vividly.

"Hey hey hey, calm down YN, it's okay. Everyone's safe." I feel a hand on my shoulder, moving up and down, sliding my sleeve up my shoulder. I look and see Lena smiling at me, the most sympathetic, caring, sweet smile on her face hat I've ever seen. I smile back as she leans in, softly kissing me, moving her lips at the same, slow pace. She pulled back when Lisa cleared her throat. I saw Lenas cheeks the same, familiar crimson red and dilated pupils.

"Did he die?" I sighed, still looking at Lena.

"Who?" Lisa questioned.

"Matthew."

"Oh, no, I don't think so. I haven't heard from him since." Lena stayed quiet through it. She didn't say she was scared, but her face said everything. There was no crooked grin, nor her cute dimples. Instead her eyebrows were slanted, showing real fear, and her lips were parted, her breathing shallow and quick.

"Hey, you okay Le?" She started to tremble, stumbling to a chair and sitting down. "Lena?"

"I....I r-remember now." Her eyes were wide. "What happened. He- he's a monster. He did this to me, he, he did this to, to you."

"God damnit, I need a drink. It's okay Lena. I promise he won't ever get to you. Not again. Okay?" I heard her sniff.

"Yeah, yeah thanks. Okay." Her voice was shaky and she was huddled up in a ball on the chair. She slowly stood up and smiled at me. "Thank you." That was it, Lisa helped her out.

*1 year later*

"BABE!" I shouted, opening the door to my house. I smiled at feet thumping down the stairs at high speeds. She jumps off the last couple steps and jumps on me, wrapping her legs around my waist, nestling her face in the crook of my neck.

"I missed you!!!" She shouts, kissing my face all over.

"Hey Le, guess what?"

"What?"

"I was only gone for half an hour."

"So? I can't miss you?"

"You didn't let me finish. I was going to say, I was only gone for half an hour and I missed you like crazy." She smiled at me with a goofy face and kissed me before climbing off. "Lena, you're one damn crazy girl, but I love every part about you. Every. Single. Part." I winked at her as she smirked and rolled her eyes.

"Oh shut up you, I love you too." She smiles at me and walks into the kitchen. "Hey?"

"Hey." I smiled at her poking her head out the kitchen and rolling her eyes again.

"Wanna go swimming with some friends tonight?"

"Who with?"

"Laura, Abby, Tayra, Taylor, and a guy named Casey. You'll like him. He's basically a shorter you." She smiled at me and kissed my cheek. "So, what do ya say? Date night? Plus 5, including my overprotective sister." I laughed at her and pulled her to my chest.