Chapter 18

"YN, you know I care, right?" She starts off, staring deep into my eyes. Her eyes are a dark, passionate green in the moonlight. I always get lost in her eyes. "YN?"

"Oh, uhh, I uhh, I don't know?"

"What?" She seems confused, causing me to become more confused.

"What?"

"What do you mean by you don't know?"

"I don't know if you care. So tell me, and no lying. The whole story. From when we met, to the hospital, to now. Explain. And no lying to me anymore."

"As long as you don't l-"

"I've never lied to you Lena. Not once. That's a promise."

"Okay." She sighs. God damnit that way she sighs. Fuck it gets me every time. The way her eyes move when she says anything she means. The way her hair falls onto her shoulders and flows in the subtle wind. "I guess I'll start with the hospital then. YN, I never meant for you to get hurt. I never wanted any of this for you. I didn't visit, because every time I was near you, you got hurt. I didn't want to be there when you died and I thought you were going to. I really did. I refused to be there when you died. That's why I never showed. I never asked because I didn't want to hear you were still in a coma, or dead even. I didn't want that on my shoulders. I didn't want to be the one who killed you, even though I knew, if you had died that night, I'd be the one who was next. YN, I cared about you and I still do. Please don't be this way."

"Lena."

"No YN! I care! I always have cared!"

"Lena!"

"YN please! Let me explain mys-" I cut her off by slamming my lips on hers. I moved slowly at first, not sure if I should be doing this. But then I felt her back. Awe to hell with it, why not enjoy it now? If James sees, then at least I'll die a happy man. I start to kiss her harder as she pulls me to her. I remember how muscly and scary James was actually and how much he could hurt me, so I immediately pulled back.

"I-I umm. I'm s-sorry. I sh-"

"It's okay YN. I like you. I like you a lot."

"No Lena. It's wrong. I'd never want my girl touched by another man, so I don't touch another mans girl in return. This is wrong. I'm sorry."

"I said it's okay YN. I don't care if you kiss me. This is like, what, the 5th time since we met?"

"Lena?"

"Yeah?"

"You had a boyfriend. You still do. If you're this fine with cheating on him, I'm just gonna become your next ex. I can't do this, I-I'm sorry." I stand up, only half freaking out at this point, but she grabs my hand and pulls me back.

"You can go back, but I just want you to know, I care YN, I care a whole lot. I like you YN, I like you a whole lot. If we were to date, I'd never do anything to hurt you because you'd never do a thing to hurt me. Right?"

"More than right. But this still isn't right."

"What isn't?"

"THIS Lena. This isn't right. You and me. I just need to be alone for a while. Okay?" I heard her let out another quiet sigh, sending spine tingling chills throughout my body.

"Okay YN, if that's what you need. I'm just gonna stay here for a little. I'll text Lisa when I'm on my way back." I nodded in response and she let go of my hand and I sprinted back. I ran up into my room, where Lisa was sitting, like she said she would be.

"Hey, how'd it go?" I was shaking and my hands were sweaty and my head was hurting.

"I-I k-kissed her Lisa. I d-did it ag-gain." I was all over true place. My head was spinning and I could think straight. Lisa grabbed my hand and laid me down. She looked a little disappointed, but she helped me still. She left the room and came back a bit later with water and a movie. She smiled at me and shook the case. Dead pool.