Chapter 27

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I smashed my alarm clock and rubbed my eyes, still trying to adjust to the dark room. I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. 4 am. That's way too early for this. I stood up and stretched, flexing a bit still, but dropping my arms when I realised I was alone. Again. I threw on a tan, fitted shirt and my uniform, camp pants. I grabbed my duffle bag and walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I did my hair and headed downstairs to see Cas waiting on the couch, his arm around Lena, who was fast asleep on his shoulder. I felt a rush of rage wash over me, leaving me with the cold sweats. I cleared my throat, causing Cas to look back at me.

"Oh, morning YN." He sighed, running his fingers through her hair, waking her up.

"Morning." She smiled at him, leaning in and kissed him. He wasn't bothered by the undeniable morning breath, or the tangled hair, or the goofy look she had, her eyes half closed. I'd kill to wake up to that every morning though. She look absolutely adorable.

"Bud is here in half an hour Cas. Ready?"

"I guess." He let out a long, deep sigh.

"Come on man, it's only two years. No more." I gave a fake smile at him.

"Yeah, I guess so." He said as there was a honk outside. I looked out the window and saw the bus outside. Lisa came sprinting down the stairs just as I was picking up my bag. She ran and jumped on me, making me drop my bag. I was about to object her sudden action, but before I could say anything, she grabbed the back of my neck and kissed me. I wanted to pull back and yell, but I couldn't. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't bring myself to do it. She deepens the kiss, pulling harder on my neck, bringing her right leg onto my hip. I wrapped my arms around her lower back and pulled her to me. This is wrong! Why am I doing this?! I finally pulled back, breathing heavily and just staring at her.

"What.....what the hell was that?" I asked her quietly, still panting. I was angry at her, and angry at myself for not pulling back, and angry at the other two for not stopping her. I turned back and saw they didn't even notice what was going on. They were just making out again. I sighed and picked up my bag. "Come on Cas, we have to go." I sighed, sounding more than annoyed. He kissed Lena one last time and followed me out. We loaded the bus with the others. Cas avoided me the whole time, he instead sat next to some blonde guy, probably in his early 20s. I sat down next to a guy with brown, buzzcut hair, that looked about my age.

"Hey kid, I'm John, John Maxwell. What's your name?" He smiled at me, a hint of a southern accent in his voice.

"Uhh, I'm YN."

"Let me guess, just turned 18 and got a letter?"

"How'd you guess?"

"Same happened to me kid." He laughed a bit. "You seem down kid, what's up?"

"Just upset about leaving friends. You got any family?"

"Got a ma and pa down in Alabama. A sister in Minnesota, and a younger brother at home." He gave a cheesy smile at me and pat my back. "What about you?"

"No parents, no siblings, a guy on this bus who's like my brother though, and two twins at my house who lost their parents too. They're my age, well, a year younger. So, I guess kinda like family." I shrugged as he stared at me.

"Damn kiddo. You got a real fucked up life." He chuckled. "Hey, we're at the airport." He smiled, pointing at oncoming airport. I let out a long breath and stayed silent.

*5 years later*

I was on the bus back, no one in the seat next to me. John, he was shot dead saving me. I really owe him my life I guess. I stared out the window, only one other person on the bus with me. It was some guy named Pete. I didn't talk to him much though. Cas was shot dead too. I don't think there was a night I didn't cry, or at least have some mental breakdown. Hey, what do they say, a panic attack a day keeps the happy away. I chuckled to myself as i looked out the window. We pulled up to my old house and I saw the girls cars there. Thank god they're still here. I grabbed the bouquet of white roses for Lena. I'm not messing this one up. I stood up and waved to Pete, getting a small one in return. I walked to the window, seeing Lena on the couch with some guy. He had dark hair and a clear face, compared to my stubble covered jaw. I saw Lisa walk down with a little girl, looked about three or so, dark hair like the guy. I shook my head and tossed the roses into the bush. I opened the door and waved as they stared at me.

"Excuse me? How can I help you?" Lena questioned, look me up and down, uniform and all.

"Lena? What?"

"How do you know my name? Sir you can't go barging into people's houses like that."

"This IS my house. Lena, it's me. I'm back." I smiled at her, as her eyes widened.

"YN! I thought you were dead!" She smiled widely at me and pulled me into a tight hug. She pulled back and looked at me, still holding onto my arms. "Jesus I missed you. You're looking good." I smiled back.

"Thanks, you too. I mean really looking good."

"Thanks. Anyways, this is Matthew, my boyfriend." She smiled as the guy walked over, wrapping his arm around her waist.

"I guess you heard about Cas then?"

"Yeah." She sighed as the guy rubbed her shoulder and kissed the top of her head. "Oh, and this is his little sister, Annabelle." She smiled as the little girl ran and wrapped her arms around Lenas legs as she smiled down at the child. She'd be an amazing mother. I watched as Lisa looked over to me and smiled.

"YN? We thought you had died!" She yelled and hugged me about as tight as her sister had. She pulled back and just smiled at me. "The stubbles working for you." She giggled. "Want anything to drink?"

"Uhh, yeah I guess. Thanks."

"No problem." She tossed me a bottle and followed me to the couch. "So, how've you been?"

"I watched my two best friends die, so that happened." I chuckled nervously as, Matthew was it, light up.

"Military?"

"Yeah, I just came back from 5 years. I promise I don't dress in camo on the regular." I laughed with him. He held out his hand to shake mine.

"I don't believe we properly met. I'm Matthew Maxwell, Johns brother."

"John, he was a great guy. My best friend in fact. Saved my life. Literally."

"So you're the famous YN he wouldn't shut up about. On the phone it'd always be YN this and YN that. You were something else to him." He laughed, patting my back. "It's nice to meet you man. We should grab a drink sometime."

"Absolutely. That sounds awesome." I smiled back. I can't hate this guy. No matter how much I still like Lena. "How about tonight?"

"Sounds good. I'll see you there YN." He smiled and turned to Lena. "I should get going princess, Annabelle needs to get home. Bye love, I love you." Then he kissed her and left. The girls showed me my room, untouched except for the thermostat. I was laying in bed, about to get up and meet Matthew at the bar, but I got a text from a random number.

"Unknown: Watch your back and don't do anything stupid, I'm watching you. If you fuck up, you'll get it." I shook my head, thinking it was a prank and shut my phone off. I said goodbye to the girls and drove off, getting the feel for my motorcycle again. It was nice. I've missed it to say the least.