Chapter 11

"YN, I don't know what's gotten into you. I thought you actually liked me."

"I do! I thought you liked me!"

"I do! I do like you YN!"

"But you kissed me! While you had a boyfriend! Twice! No. Four times now! Are you gonna tell him!?"

"No! Why the fuck would I do that?!"

"Because it's the right thing to do!"

"So?! He never cared what I do anyways!"

"Then why are you still with him?!

"Why do you know so much about this?! You're sounding like Oprah!"

"Hey! Could you GIRLS stop arguing! You're being loud!" Lisa shouts from her room over.

"I'm not a girl!" I yell back, on the verge of laughing. I look back to Lena, who is on the floor laughing.

"Are too." Lena finally says after her laughing fit.

"Shut up you." I smiled. My smile slowly faded when I remembered what had just gone down. "So, why are you still with him?"

"Honestly?"

"Would you lie to me?" I asked as she just stared at me. "Right. Never mind."

"I wanted to tell you, but honesty, I forgot to. When I'm with you I completely forget about him. He's genuinely a good guy, he just has problems."

"Lena, he plays every girl he's dated." She gave me a look of disbelief.

"Okay, then name two."

"Fine. Ashley, Jordyn, and here's an extra, you. He's playing you Lena. He's using you for fame."

"No no no. Not every guy you hate is up to something. That's not how it works."

"But he is up to something Lena. He's only after your fame." I say as she sits up from laugh attack and rests her hands on her knees, a confused look spread across her face. "I wouldn't do that to you." I whisper under my breath.

"What was that?"

"Hmm? Oh, I uh, I said he's a dick."

"Yes, but he's my boyfriend."

"Why? He's an asshole who bullies everyone."

"He doesn't bully people."

"Oh really? Last year before you came, he shoved me into a trash can and pushed me into oncoming traffic. I broke my arm and two ribs. He visited me in the hospital just to laugh in my face and punch me in the gut, fracturing another rib. Does that sound like a genuinely good guy to you?"

"Why would you make up stories about him? I know you're lying. Is it because you're jealous?"

"Lena! I'm not lying, I still have the scar down my side. Maybe I am jealous, but I'm certainly not a liar. You know what? He can have you. If you believe your fuck up of a boyfriend more than the guy who's willingly letting you stay at his house for FREE, then he can have you."

"Of course I believe him! He's my boyfriend!"

"Maybe this just wasn't a good idea." I breath out, resting my head in the palm of my hand.

"What wasn't?"

"Letting you stay here. I mean it hasn't  even been a full day and we're already arguing. Maybe you should just stay with you oh so perfect boyfriend." She was silent for a second.

"Fine. I will then." Her voice was quiet, but still meant everything to me. I watched as she pushed past me and out the door. I followed her downstairs and outside, where she proceeded to call James and wait for him. I watched from the porch as she hung up and sat down on the curb. I watched as she waited for a half hour, then an hour, and finally 3 hours.

"Lena. He's not coming." I finally said to her as she slowly turned around.

"No. No he's coming. He said he was."

"Come on Lena, it's nearly been 4 hours. He's not coming."

"Do you really think he'd lie to me?"

"Yes. I think he'd do it again in a heartbeat. He's probably at some other party getting piss out drunk. Come on. It's almost 1am."

"Just one more hour. Then I'll go inside."

"It's 30 fucking degrees outside and you're willing to wait another hour? Are you mad?"

"I don't know if I am. You can go inside, but I'm waiting." It was final. She was waiting. She's fucking insane. I love it. But, I hate it. She's doing all of this, for some jerk who probably doesn't really like her. I reluctantly turned around and walked inside, looking back before closing the door. I walked up to my room and sat at my window to watch. She just sat there, shivering and all. I shook my head and stood up, grabbing a puffy jacket from last winter and walked back down. "I said I'm waiting."

"And that's insane. But you might as well stay warm while doing it." I tossed the coat on top of her and waited as she just looked up at me. "What?"

"I'm okay, thank you though." She tried to hand it back, but I stepped away some.

"Lena, just take the damn coat. It's bad enough he made you wait, but in the cold, under freezing degrees?"

"But-"

"No, take it."

"Fine." She put it next the her and wrapped her arms around her knees, bringing them close to her chest. I look at her for a while and then finally head inside and back up to my room. I watch for another hour, then a half hour. I see her lay down on the coat and doze off. I shake my head and walk down the stairs. As I'm heading down, Lisa pops out of her room.

"What's going on?"

"Your sisters being an idiot. Like usual."

"Waiting for James again?"

"Again?"

"Oh yeah, before he moved here two years ago, he lived in Germany. Lena would wait countless hours for him at the curb and he'd either come the next morning to apologise for getting drunk, or not come at all."

"So this jackass has been doing this for years?"

"Mmhm."

"And she hasn't dumped his ass?"

"Nope. And don't worry about the movie. We can watch tomorrow."

"Okay, thanks Lisa. I think you're the only sane one here." I gave her a quick hug and started downstairs. "Damnit Lena." I whisper before heading outside. I see her asleep, shivering, but asleep. I pick her up and carry her to her room, putting her under the covers. "You're one fucking insane girl." I laugh before kissing her forehead and closing her door. Once in my room, I just sit on my bed. I seemingly dozed off an hour or two later and woke up to someone yelling at me.

"YN!"