Chapter 20

"So?"

"What?" I asked her, losing my train of thoughts.

"Does it fit dumbass?" She giggles, flailing her arms around.

"Oh, uhh, yeah, it's good." I smiled up at her, quickly looking back down at the immediate warm, tingly feeling.

"Are you blushing YN?" She smiles, walking closer to me and placing her index finger under my chin. She starts to raise my face, but I try and keep looking down. I finally give in and look her directly in the eyes. They're shining a light hazel colour. So shiny I can see my own reflection. She was right, I am blushing.

"N-no." I lied to her, smiling a little bit, probably looking more awkward than ever.

"Whatever you say gimpy." She smiled back at me, patting the side of my face a couple times, sending a light stinging sensation through my cheek, like when your face is numb from the cold and you get hit with a snowball. She turned around and grabbed the box that the boot was in and tossed it back to me. "Okay, need anything else?"

"Wanna watch another movie tonight? We could get more food and drinks?" I think I sounded a little too excited about it.

"You know what?" I started to get worried. She sounded kind of upset.

"W-what?"

"That sounds really fun. I enjoyed last night and I slept surprisingly well. So yeah, another movie it is." She laughed a little, helping me over to the snacks. Ist out a sigh of relief and looked inside the freezers.

"Ice creams?" I turned to her and motioned to the ice creams section. She giggled and rolled her eyes.

"You're such a child. Pick some for the both of us." She smiled at me, watching me grab two cartons of chocolate, one of vanilla, and one strawberry. I put them in the cart she ran off to get and hobbled over to the drinks.

"Beer?" I asked, a smile, probably very stupid looking, stretched across my face.

"Fine, but I will not go in line with you, I'm not getting arrested. You can just take my card."

"No, cause I'm paying."

"YN, bu-"

"No buts. Now, any others?"

"Yeah, I'll run and grab some." She smiles, jogging over to the snacks while I sit on a wooden bench conveniently located right behind me(😂). She gets back a bit later with another basket full.

"Lisa. What the hell?!" I laugh as she shrugs and gives an adorable smile.

"What? I'm paying for these." I let out a sigh and give in, knowing she wouldn't let me pay for them.

"Okay, fine. If you really want to."

"It's the least I can do."

"Yeah yeah yeah." I laughed, following her to the register. "So." I awkwardly sighed, having to be helped to the car.

"So." She giggled, thinking it was a fun idea to play these games with me again. To be completely honest, I don't know why this is happening. I NEVER get nervous around her, but now all of a sudden, I'm nothing but jello when she's near me. Maybe I'm coming down with a cold or the pain killers are finally getting to my head. She's always seemed like the overprotective sister type. I could never date her. And Lena was the one I like first. It could never happen though. I mean, with all we've been through, I just don't think I'll look at her the same for a good while. Plus, Lisa was the one who was always there for me. She'd stay up late talking with me, making sure I wasn't dead, helping me through everything. She's an absolute angel. It all had to come from somewhere though. Lena is the older one, so Lisa must learn from her. But Lena has never showed that she cared for me. Whenever she did, it was out of pity for my family issues and me getting beat. I wonder if that's the only reason why she talked with me in the first place. I just don't know. And I don't think I'll ever have the guts to find out. "What cha thinking about?" Lisa looks over for a brief moment, but her gaze returning to the road. I didn't even know we were driving yet.