Chapter 29

"YN?" I see a bright light as the door opens. I sit up to see Lisa walk in.

"Hey." I smile at her while rubbing my eyes. I my voice was scratchy and my throat was a bit sore.

"How ya feeling?" She smiled back and sat on the edge of my bed, her back against my thigh.

"Well, my heads throbbing and I need a shower, but I'm home, so I'm happy." She put her hand on my shoulder and smiled again.

"Tell me if you need anything. I'm just downstairs."

"Thanks, I'm just gonna jump in the shower and grab some food."

"Sounds good, what're you picking up?"

"I don't know, you or Lena want anything?"

"Lenas still out cold, but I can text you our orders when you leave." She smiled one last time and walked towards the door, winking before leaving. I rolled my eyes playfully and grabbed clean clothes. I jumped in the shower, a feeling of relief when the warm water hit my face. Damn it's been a long two days. I stepped out after half an hour and wrapped a towel around my waist. I cleared the fog from the mirror and just stood there. I guess the army did me well. Looking better than ever. I laughed to myself and got ready. I threw on a black riding jacket and stepped out of my room, nearly running into Lena.

"Morning." She murmured sleepily, pushing her messy hair out of her face.

"Good afternoon sleepyhead." I chuckled at the face she made. She smelled of stale booze and vanilla, and her eyes were half closed with dark circles under them, but it somehow made her adorable. I remember always waking up after a night out and looking in the mirror to see those dark circles and the messy hair. Scaring myself sometimes.

"Afternoon?" She repeated curiously.

"Yeah, it's like 1pm. I'm gonna run and grab some food, want anything?"

"Can I come with?"

"Sure, I'll meet you downstairs when you're ready." I smiled at her before walking downstairs. I sat on the couch and waited. I heard he shower turn on, then off, and finally feet on the stairs. I saw her walk down with ripped, whitewashed jeans and a white, cut off hoodie. I smiled at the minimal makeup on her, knowing she didn't need any. She grabbed her helmet, that I had bought her before I left, from the coffee table and smiled down at home sitting. "Yes ma'am?" I smiled wide at her, seeing her long eyelashes and her crooked smile that hooks up on the right side of her face. "Ready?"

"Yep."

"Well let's go then." I laughed, grabbing her hand automatically. I looked down and let go, jerking my hand to my pocket. I felt my cheeks burning. "Sorry." I looked down and tapped my leg through my pocket.

"Oh, uhh, it-it's fine." She blushed, her cheeks a dark crimson red. We walked out to my bike, at least a couple feet away from each other. I got on and she climbed on after, slowly wrapping her arms around my stomach, her chest pressed against my back. I took off, the front wheel coming off the ground as Lena squealed in excitement. We sped to a McDonald's only a couple minutes and ate. I bought Lisa's food and we dringe back. It was as simple as that. When we pulled up to the house, I shut the engine off and sat there. She was about to get up, but I grabbed her arm and turned to face her.

"Hey, wanna go to the park tonight?"

"YN, I'm flattered and all, but you know I'm da-"

"No no no, not as a date, just to walk and talk. I wanna catch up with you." I shrugged, finally letting go of her arm.

"Uh, sure. Why not? Meet you downstairs at 10?