Chapter 21

"So, you ready?" Lisa smiles at me, holding a few bags in her hand.

"Huh? Oh, yeah." I nervously giggle. I felt degraded. Very degraded. I just giggled like a little school girl in front of Lisa. She just laughed and made a funny face at me.

"Come on." She playfully rolls her eyes and helps me up. I can't help but notice how short she appears compared to me. I have a good foot on her maybe. She looks up at me and squints. "You're tall." She laughs, reading my mind.

"No, you're just short."

"I'm 5'6!" She shouts, jumping up and getting on her toes.

Well I'm 6'3. So, sorry kiddo." I laugh, pushing her back a little. Not quite a foot, but I can deal with a 9 inch difference.

"Giant." She pouts, crossing her arms across her chest, the bags hitting her sides.

"Midget." I stick my tongue out at her and grab the rest of the bags from the porch. "Come on shorty, I'm not gettin' any younger." I smile down at her. I let out a small chuckle at the face she's making, her bottom lip folded down and her eyes real big. "Oh stop it. Who's the child now, child?"

"Shut up." She gives in, laughing and following me inside.

"Hey, Li-"

"Shhh! Shut up a second." She whispers loudly, catching me off guard.

"What?"

"I hear Laura still yelling at Lena."

"Jeez, we were gone for an hour, you'd think she'd be done by now. Talk about overprotective." I laugh quietly.

"Laura's always worried about Lena. She's a year older than us and has basically been our mom. She'd stay with us when my mum and dad were out for business. But yeah, she's very protective of Lena and I. Mostly Lena though."

"Why Lena? I mean, you're younger."

"Yes, but Lenas gotten into trouble since she's met James. Laura just worries about her. That's all."

"Oh." I nodded my head slowly, looking to the stars.

"Anywho, wanna put in the movie in your room?"

"Sure, I'll get the popcorn and other snacks ready." She looks worried for a second, but gives up and nods.

"Fine. Don't hurt yourself though. I'm watching you. Remember, fire equals hot. Okay?"

"Oh shut up you. I know fire equals hot." I laugh as she rolls her eyes and runs upstairs to my room, screaming that we're home. I get the food ready and grab some cups. Being the child I am, I grab a piece of ice and pop it into my mouth. I freeze and stand there. Uh oh. "LITHA!" I try to shout, but it's impossible with a piece of ice stuck to my tongue. She's gonna laugh and then take a picture, I just know it. "LITHA HELP!!"

"What happened this time Y-? Seriously? Out of all the things to do, you get ice stuck to your tongue?"

"Justh get tha hot wator running pleath." I try to speak clearly and not get annoyed at her, but she's making it impossible. She kept laughing while running the water. "Thut up. I know I'm thupid."

"Yeth, you are thupid." She imitates, laughing her ass off.

"Thut up." I groan as she hands me a cup of hot water. I drink it and take the ice out, my tongue sore from it.

"All better now wittle baby?" She laughs as I let out another groan and hand her the cup. "Nuh uh, that goes in the sink. I'm not your nanny." She laughs again, making me smile.