Chapter 7

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

I slammed my hand on my alarm clock and laid there with my hands over my face. I let out a loud groan and sat up. I saw my dad smiling at the door.

"What's up pops?" I smiled at him. We hadn't really gotten along in the past, but why not try and start over with him.

"Nothing much kiddo. How about you?"

"Just waking up."

"Cool. I'm going for a run. I'll see you later tonight."

"Okay. Oh, I'm going to a party with some friends so I'll be back late."

"Again? Okay, I'll see you later." He waved and jogged out of the house. Why has he changed all of a sudden? What's gotten into him? I got a sharp pain to my head so I laid back down. Had a bit too much to drink. I slowly sat up again and stood, reaching my arms to the ceiling and letting out a small groan when my hands dropped. I got ready in some ripped jeans and a grey fitted shirt and grabbed a protein shake before leaving. I saw the girls walking to school, but I hesitated before going over there. I finally made up my mind and walked over there.

"Hey guys." I quietly said, waving then shoving my hands back into my pockets.

"Hey YN." Lisa smiled, but Lena just widely grinned and waved to me. "Did you do the homework?"

"Don't have to."

"Lucky, took me 2 hours. I don't understand it."

"I could tutor you sometime. Or let you copy my work."

"Either way is fine with me." She laughed. I looked to Lena, who was twiddling her thumbs and looking down. I sagged back with her and smiled.

"You doing okay? I know it's all a bit much, huh?" She just shrugged and continued looking down. "Aw come on Lena, you can't be down in the dumps all day." She just shrugged again. I grabbed her shoulder and stopped. "Hey Lisa!" I shouted up to her sister, who was already well ahead of us.

"Yeah?"

"Would you care if you didn't get perfect attendance?"

"No, not very much, why?" I smirked at her and grabbed my phone from my pocket.

"Follow me." I smiled at them and turned back to my house. We walked in and I went to the kitchen, still hungry. "Want anything to eat or drink?"

"I'll just have water please." I heard the familiar voice of Lisa. There was a pause before she spoke again. "Make that two."

"Alright." I shouted back, grabbing three waters and walking back. "So, what do you two want to do before the party?"

"I don't know, we have forever until then. Do you need anything before?" Lisa asks me. Something was up with Lena. She's been quiet.

"I'm in charge of the alcoholic beverages, and the chips." I heard Lena give a small giggle so I smiled at her. Her smile faded though. "What?"

"Don't you need an id?" Lena finally spoke up. I missed hearing her voice for some reason.

"Who said I wasn't in the game?" I smiled, pulling a fake Id from my wallet and holding it between my fingers.

"You're bad." She laughed, slapping my shoulder playfully.

"But you love it."

"Shut up." She smiled, taking her phone out of her pocket when it rang. She instantly smiled when she put it to her ear. "Hold on, I gotta take this." Lisa and I just sat in silence for a few minutes until Lena came back.