Chapter 26

"It's nothing." I shake my head as they follow me outside. We met Cas at a local diner. I sat next to Lisa in a booth, and we sat across from Cas an Lena. I was looking at Lisa talking and messing with the letter in my pocket when Lena looked down at my hand.

"Hey, what's in your pocket?" Lena asked curiously, pointing to my pocket.

"Hmm? Oh, uhh, it's nothing." I snapped my head up to look from Lisa to her. She gave me an odd, but worried face.

"YN. Hand me the paper." She demanded, holding her hand out.

"Lena, I said it's nothing, okay? Just leave it." I snapped back at her.

"What's up with you? I just want to see the paper. What's the big deal anyways?"

"I just don't want to give it to you. What does it matter to you?" I hear her let out an aggravated sigh as she pinches the bridge of her nose.

"Just hand me the damn paper YN."

"No way."

"Just give me the paper."

"Why do you want it?"

"Because I know you're upset over it."

"Well I'm not, so suck it."

"You are such a child!" She groans, flinging her arms into the air and letting them drop hard on the table. "Just let me see the damn paper YN! It can't be that bad."

"Don't say I didn't warn you." I shook my head and tossed the envelope at her, it landing right in front of her on the table. She picked it up and carefully studied the front. She looked up with one brow raised.

"US Army?" I just shrugged in response and propped up on my hand, my elbow on the table. She looked back down at it and took the letter out. I saw her eyes widen as they scanned down the page. "3 weeks! Why didn't you just tell me?! I can't believe you! How long have you known?!"

"I found out this morning so chill! Okay?! Jesus Lena! Why can't you react like a normal person?!" I yelled back at her. I noticed her eyes were a glossy hazel green and her mouth was open.

"Well I'm sorry if I actually care about you YN! I guess you aren't used to that!" She shouts as I freeze. I look at her for a second and stand up. "No. Shit. I didn't mean it that way."

"Then what way did you mean it?" She went silent as I nodded. "As I thought. I'll be back later."

"No drinking, please." Lisa sighed. I knew she cared, but I also know that she knows what I do. She knows this is how I solve my problems. I go out and drink. I rode back to the house and opened the fridge, grabbing two drinks and sitting on the couch, turning on the tv. I sat for half an hour or so in silence until the door clicked. I looked to the hallway, my eyes first catching the 5 empty bottles on the table, then two blurry figures walk in. "YN! Where the hell were you?! We waited there until you got back! But guess what. You never came back!"

"I- I needed sommme tiiimmee." I slurred, taking a swig of my 6th beer, nearly finishing it.

"I thought I said no drinking."

"So?" I scoffed, finishing the drink and throwing it against the wall, glass shattering to the ground.

"What the fuck is wrong with you YN?! Get to your room and sleep! You're cleaning this mess up when you wake." She let out a long, annoyed breath and grabbed my arm, leading me to my room. She pushed me into my bed and walked out, closing the door halfway. I chuckled to myself. She thinks I'm actually a child. Whatever. I laid down and listened to them talking below me.