Chapter 23

She just looks at me for a while, her mouth open and her lips slightly twitching.

"Never mind. It's not important right now."

"Well, it obviously is. You looked like you really wanted to say something."

"Yes, but I can't."

"Why?" I responded, looking over to her.

"I don't know. I just can't say it."

"Would you tell me if I tell you what I'm thinking of?"

"Umm, I guess? What are you thinking of?" I was about to answer, but Cas walked up behind me and shoved me into the pool, laughing with his contagious laugh. I rose up and started to chuckle along, seeing Lisa practically dying on the side. I grab her legs and drag her in. She slugged me in my arm when she rose.

"Who's laughing now?" I smiled playfully at her.

"Shut up gimpy." She smirked and swam back to the edge of the pool, climbing out. I watched the water drop down her body, leaving me with chills down my spine and goosebumps covering my arms. "I'm cold. YN, wanna come with me to grab some coffees?" She smiled at me. It was pretty adorable if I say so myself. Her eyes were tightly shut and her nose was crinkled. She had even added the effect of linking her hands and holding them out in front of her.

"Where from?"

"I don't know, Starbucks?" I shrugged at her suggestion and climbed out, wrapping a towel around Lisa, then myself. I waited for Lisa to change and we walked out to my bike. Oh yeah. No bike...

"So, how do we get there?" She turned back to stare at me when I asked her.

"You don't know how to get to Starbucks! Come on gimpy!"

"I'm sorry if I'm not a basic white girl like you." I joked.

"That's it. Get in my car. I'm driving." She smirked back.

"Damnit, I forgot the bubble wrap." I smirked back, getting a small ach to my shoulder when she punched me again. "Hey! Punchy! Stop it." I chuckled at her, grabbing onto her wrist and quickly letting go. She just smiled at me and rolled her eyes. We drove to the Starbucks and we walked in. "So, what do we get?" I smiled to her, not knowing what a grande mocha or whatever the fuck it was is.

"Just ask for 5 regular coffees?" She shrugged, pushing me up when it was our turn. I ordered and we went back. She was driving so slowly, way under the limit.

"Uhh, Lisa, I don't mean to be rude, but could you go any slower grandma! For heavens sake!"

"Don't worry, we got time. So chill out." She smiled over at me. Why was I getting the feeling that she was planning something? I truly don't understand this girl. I shook my head and laughed to myself. "Now what's so funny mister?" She smiled again at me

"Nothing. You're just adorable."

"Cut the flirting Gimpy." She giggled as I softly punched her shoulder in return. She purposely swerved the car, jerking me into the window.

"What the hell Lisa?!" I laughed, rubbing my head.

"Oops, sorry." She sarcastically grinned at me. We pulled into the driveway and I saw a giant tarp with something under it in their front lawn.

"Uhh Lis?"

"Yes?"

"Was that there before?"